1921 ajs 350 start

Yup, I go back to England once a year and we ride all of his bikes. He will ship any of them to me here in the states if I want, he shipped a Gold Star over here for me, he is the worlds best dad :) He has a Rocket Gold Star too which I would like one day. Just so you know he is not richie rich just works hard for everything he has, most of his bikes were basket cases.

When you silver soldered that stainless head pipe did it discolor when you heated it for the solder?

thats how it is with family…when my son comes over he has his pick of any bike to ride.
joe

Mad skills man, wish I had the patients for this kind of work, the really old stuff is hard to find unrestored, 25 years ago I could of hauled a lot of stuff out of barns that I wish I had now.

My son is why I got into this "tinkering" with bikes again, I was done with it until he got the bug and we got him a CB 750 rather than the R6 or CBR the rest of the Jr achievers were buying. Seems my generation just wants to give our sons what we all wanted but couldn't have as kids, I hope it keeps the hobby alive.

RD :eek:

joea said:
thats how it is with family…when my son comes over he has his pick of any bike to ride.
joe

Nice! My son will be home from deployment in June, he is itching to ride the Greeves when he gets back.

Finished Fabricating muffler, tail pipe and all mounting hardware. I initially made muffler too big so i had to redo it so it would look more like the photos of original machine ….

Finished machine, back from a long rest.... it took a little longer with the muffler since i went off of a photo and should have stuck to my first interpretation of size, instead i made it to tall and then had to redo it! s.o.b. ha

No more storage room in the garages, single again so i thought inside the house as art would work…enjoy

Back
Top Bottom