oohhh god oooooh god panicing.

mikeadamstattoo

Coast to Coast
so i needed help with rerouting my cables and installing my bars. this guy offers to do it, he was a mechanic for many years but had kidney failure and needs some dough. hes within walking distance (i walked my heavy gs550 a good two miles today)

well i get there and even though his garage is neat and tidy, hes telling me about the 51 pills he takes everyday. and makes me go buy him a 12 pack of beer.

he also tells me its gonna be about $200?

all im asking him to do is reroute the cables to they fit on my bars. isnt $200 like WAY sky high? i already gave him a $50 deposit and he wants another 50 tomorrow. what should i do?

Chock that as $50 learning experience and get your bike out of there ASAP before he sales it to buy pills and beer! That is an astronomical price for routing wires in some bars! You can do it yourself no problem, especially if you have a 12 pack of your own!

yeah.. go tell him to fuck him self.. and kick over his pill table...
Then set the house on fire.... Take that BITCH...

i went back and got it and he wouldnt let me have my bike back till i paid him another $20! i gave this guy $60 and a 12 pack, only thing he did was put on my bar end mirror that i brought with me and snapped the cover to my front brake cable by jamming it on my bars!

$70 lesson learned.

and also found out the boots i got for riding this summer DEFINATELY werent made for walkin! HUGE heel blisters.

Shit Mike... That guy is bending you over like a drunk sorority girl... Go there now and get that bike before it dissapears!!!!!!!

You need to get some guys together and get your cash back. Fuck that guy. Hes nothing but a junkie! If he gives you shit, tell him you know who he gets his shit from and you'll tell them hes been talkin' to the cops.

Glad you got the bike back before he did too much damage. Sometimes the toughest lessons are the ones we remember the most. This one might be a good campfire story for the grandchildern::).
Congrats on the signed lease!

Yeah, sorry for your misfortune. Maybe you can find some satisfaction in warning other folks to stay away from that dude. Word of mouth can be amazingly effective. I had a similar experience when I was younger and in my Euro sports car phase. There are freakin' predators out there, for sure. BTW, what kind of boots do you have? I know how uncomfortable my SIDI race boots are to walk around in, like damn ski boots! On a bike, though, they feel awesome. For casual riding I wear ICON Field Armor Chukkas. Lots of people hate on ICON, but I say try their stuff on first, just like you would any apparel mfg.

i just got a pair of plain leather lace up boots. ahhh sidi, i was sponsored by them in my motocross days. i had the flexforce boots before they were even out! those things were like storm-trooper-ski-boots. really hard to walk in...but so sweet riding. i still got a few huge sidi banners they sent me and about a million stickers back at my parents house.

2649195838_9763f8f1b7.jpg

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. I would like to suggest an alternative course of action.... Wouldn't it be nice when you have the chance to ride your bike up to the local vintage night, and get a few of your buddies to take a little ride by his house. I would park all the bikes across the street, and point out exaclty where the guy lives, and make sure they know where NOT to take their bike. Make sure he never steals money from another kind hearted soul again.

And then have everyone do donuts on his lawn and shit in his mailbox.

loudest143

kidney failure
Years of drug and alcohol abuse can do that to you.

Sucks about the guy giving you a mess-around, but Nanahan Man is right - a $70 life lesson is cheap. Chould been worse, but still sucks.

[rant]
Anywho, as a rule of thumb I generally either buy somone beer OR pay them cash for their work. Never both; if they want beer and I'm paying them, then they can go get some beer with the cash after the job is done. Deposits aren't a great thing either, less incentive to get the thing done and you can't get a deposit back if the job was bad.
[/rant]

Anywho, rant aside, good stuff on the new place. As a form of revenge I'd suggest a drive-by yamming. You get a few yams or other large root vegetable and let them rot. In summer rock past his place and throw them at his roof/car/face whatever. The stench will be unbearable and the 'thunk' of them hitting is quite satisfying. loudest143's suggestion is also pretty awesome.

- boingk

You guys are evil! A friend of mine is a cop and he said the best revenge for somebody like that is to call the police from a payphone (good luck finding one), say that a woman is being beaten at the guys address, and get the hell out of there. If somebody is in distress the police don't have to knock on the door, they can let themselves in. And if there are some drugs laying about in plain sight, they can bust him on that.

Big R said:
You guys are evil! A friend of mine is a cop and he said the best revenge for somebody like that is to call the police from a payphone (good luck finding one), say that a woman is being beaten at the guys address, and get the hell out of there. If somebody is in distress the police don't have to knock on the door, they can let themselves in. And if there are some drugs laying about in plain sight, they can bust him on that.

I gotta remember that one!

boomshakalaka said:
meh.. just live and let live. The guy is obviously not someone you want to associate with or interact with, so just move on.
[/quote

right, im not the revenge type of guy. i learned my lesson and i dont associate with people like that.

on a good note, a professional came today to pick my bike up and i told him the story and we had a good laugh about it. ill have my cables redone next week, and when i get it back, ill mount my seat and my new tank, wire up my new lights and be zippin from cafe to cafe by march!

Back
Top Bottom