How hard would it be?

ShinerWhinner

Hey just sitting around at the house tonight pondering cafe racers as i do, and the thought came to my mind "how hard would it be to just buy the parts i am going to keep off of a honda cb rather than buying a used bike and then buying mods and parts to fix it up?" So tell me what you think.Would it be easier, harder, or just the same dificulty?

id say itd probably be be harder and more expensive or about the same price. just think....youd buy the parts but then youd have to get every single bolt somewhere.....seems like a pain in the ass to me but people do it.

Ahhhhh see that is why i posted theis question. I didnt even think about the bolts! Tuche sir! Sounded a little to good to be true.

lol you can do it but personally you cant beat the look of OEM bolts, the bolts from the hardware store just look so cheesy.

You would probably be surprised how many bolts on a bike are the same size. Or at least the threads are. I bought a stainless allen head bolt set on ebay for about $15 and can replace almost all the bolts on mine. The real tough part are some of the "specialty" bolts though. The long motor mount bolts, pretty much any bolt with a cotter pin, and any bolts with an o ring slot under the head.

Back
Top Bottom