Anyone remember this bike?

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
A while back there was a bike (CM400) built on here that ended up having a cool military theme. It was olive drab... Anyone know where that thread is? I cant seem to find it.

VonYinzer said:
A while back there was a bike (CM400) built on here that ended up having a cool military theme. It was olive drab... Anyone know where that thread is? I cant seem to find it.

I was just talking to my buddy about this one yesterday... I think it turned out great

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=9888.0

Thanks man. My friend just picked up a CM400 for free in mint condition and wanted to class it up a bit. I wanted to show him this bike. His is essentially the same, just not automatic, and with spoke wheels and drum brakes.

Nice find... yeah I like this bike even though it is an automatic... in fact I think that is why it is cool, totally different. I love the comstar wheels in that green, but spokes would be money!

Either way, should be a cool little bike. I know the military theme is pretty played out, but something about the cm400 tank makes me want to give it a real bomber theme... it think it is the cover on the top. It could be really cool with airbrushed rivets and a vintage checkered sharksmouth paint and maybe a pinup somewhere.

Inspiration:
http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1a/Edwards09/DZZ_2100.jpg

Ahhh... The Flying Tigers P-40 Tomahawk... Very cool. You should look into the Flying Tigers. They were BADASSES.

VonYinzer said:
Ahhh... The Flying Tigers P-40 Tomahawk... Very cool. You should look into the Flying Tigers. They were BADASSES.

there is an episode of "dogfights" on History channel that is dedicated to the Flying Tiger! Kicks ass!

YEP seen it!!! ;D Badass is an understatement... they were the SHIT! That is the main reason that I wanted to do a flying tigers themed bike, like I said I know it is played out these days but I did a project on them in 6th grade I think... ever since I have wanted something done in this motif. In fact a couple years ago I almost bought a newish wakeboard boat that got the shit kicked out of it in katrina. It was going to be next to nothing to buy and I wanted to do a Flying Tigers theme and rebuild it with a supercharged motor... never panned out, getting the boat from LA to CA proved to be easier said than done.

Back
Top Bottom