Merry Christmas Me! Cb360 rebuild

mrlvlagic

Been Around the Block
Well I guess this is as good of an intro as any....

So its a cool, overcast day in Ga and I am welcoming home my Christmas present to myself.

A Honda Cb360

Here she is on the truck

...meeting her sisters

Some of my tentative plans include:

Cafe style
TLR front end?
Smiplified wiring
Sweet paint job
not sure what else

My main goal is to (hopefully) keep the build under $1000.00...yikes! :-\ which means I will be doing everything myself... so hang on its gonna be an interesting ride

Sonreir said:
Welcome aboard!

Always good to have another 360 build to follow.

Thanks! I think you and I will be getting to know each other very well... I know I want one of those beautiful wiring harnesses you make

mrlvlagic said:
Thanks! I think you and I will be getting to know each other very well... I know I want one of those beautiful wiring harnesses you make

It's a good month to order. Free T-shirt. :D

welcome...a cb360 for christmas!?!? Isn't that like one notch above coal in your stocking?

No really, she looks like a great project starter.

Well, got my hands dirty today... excuse the blurriness... my Sony Cybershot is a little under the weather now....

30 years of junk

My new favorite tool: The Impact Driver

Heres Where I need some opinions... Shoud I use these drag bars my dad gave me or....The forks off my tl1000r? I have access to a lathe so from what Ive read so far i need to mill the upper diameter down to 26mm.

P.S. I had the forks laying around cause i put an 08 'busa front end on the TL ;D

Oh I hooked up a battery from one of the other bikes and it started up!!!!
The tank has some rust but not as much as the Suzuki T500 im working on!

mrlvlagic said:
Heres Where I need some opinions... Shoud I use these drag bars my dad gave me

Ive never been a big fan of the upside down bar look.

stripped to the frame yesterday going to sandblast today.

I cant decide whether I should keep the sidestand or jost kick stand or both any ideas?

A couple of pics:

Engine over here....

Frame over here....

I tried cleaning the motor but it is really dirty.... I am throwing the idea around about getting it soda blasted before I paint it.

Back
Top Bottom