Take 2: CB750K2 Steampunk(ish) Bobber Thing

I'm definitely leaning more towards that white now... Also got a few other things sorted on the weekend:

_MG_4097.jpg

_MG_4116.jpg

Not the best TIG brazing in the world, but I'm going with 'rustic'... Also I think the wiring loom looks great, probably just leave it like that...

_MG_4108.jpg

This build blows my mind, it’s next level in it’s originality and craftsmanship. Love following it’s progress.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Noddy78 said:
Also I think the wiring loom looks great, probably just leave it like that...
Why not? Pour some spaghetti sauce on it and you've got dinner all taken care of ;D

Thanks guys. So it's all pretty much there apart from finishing up the electrics:

_MG_4131.jpg

_MG_4134.jpg

_MG_4141.jpg

_MG_4145.jpg

Also photoshopped a couple of colour options, but I think in the end I'll keep the tins raw and maybe patina them a bit, give it a bit of character. I think the white is just a bit too OTT?

IMG_4125.jpg

The Jimbonaut said:
Three words. Ver. Di Gris.

Absolutely. I'll start it out all nice and shiny but after a few years it'll get quite dull and muted, I quite enjoy the way it'll change. I'll leave the brass and copper to do that naturally so it's just a matter of how I treat the steel. I'll have a play with that while the frame is off being powdercoated. The headlight is about 100 years old, so it's got some really nice patina I'll try and match/take inspiration from.

I can't decide if this build makes me want to run to the shop, or never pick up a wrench again.

Incredible work.

I wouldn't worry too much about patina on the white paint...if you use the bike, it will get that patina in no time all by itself. :)

Fabulous build. I like the white, maybe in pearl, I think it would age well with the rest. Looks great with out paint too. I'm not sure if you inspire me or make me want to hide in shame. Really enjoying the pics, thanks for documenting

Nah, just long exposure. Brake and indicators might blind folks though... might need to dial those down a smidge...

Thanks folks, awfully decent of you, but if you want to hang up your tools, check these guys out:

https://www.instagram.com/zillers_custom_garage/?hl=en ...or these... https://www.instagram.com/sosametalworks/?hl=en

That's my inspiration for the next one... but anyway, probably should get this one done first. Lots been happening that doesn't actually look like much... but all the fabrication is complete. All the timber is finished (and buffed and waxed to fucking SHINY!). And I've been playing with bluing and browning the frame, and I'm now on to painting everything. Hopefully this week will be finishing off all the painting and I'll be time to go back together!

Frame butchery (blued, browned and first coat of paint):

_MG_4740.jpg

_MG_4742.jpg

_MG_4734.jpg

All the other metal bits also blued, browned and undercoated:

_MG_4736.jpg

Handlebars with the same treatment and then final satin coat, so this will be the final effect on the frame (and other bits and bobs - hopefully... all going well):

_MG_4770.jpg

_MG_4771.jpg

Shiny, shiny battery box...

_MG_4750.jpg

And of course everyone's battery box should be leather lined:

_MG_4753.jpg

So, that's the state of play.. nearly there! Nearly...

Back
Top Bottom