82 Honda CB900C chop/racer

djmaynard said:
Alright folks, due to just me wanting to get rid of the air suspension rear shocks and replace with updated coil shocks......

How to I remove them? I figure there is oil and air inside. How do I remove them without making a mess and spraying everywhere? (Perhaps I tried and already did then quickly retightened to stop oil from spewing all over the garage)

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Sounds like you're trying to remove the air line. Don't do that - just unbolt both shocks top and bottom and remove them as a pair connected by the air line.

hillsy said:
Sounds like you're trying to remove the air line. Don't do that - just unbolt both shocks top and bottom and remove them as a pair connected by the air line.
So just remove the shocks and the compressor all together and keeps them together?

Well, after searches and searches on how to remove, I did as Hillsy said and removed the whole unit this morning. Not before I woke up to this mess trying to get an early start before the kids woke up on my day off.

But then I quickly swapped out and looks a hell of a lot better in my opinion.

Anyone want to buy the old ones on here or try in the marketplace?

Attachments

• IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 314
  • IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 301
  • IMG_2478.JPG
    IMG_2478.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 327
  • IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 313
Installing new exhausts and I did not know if I needed new pipe joints? The ones I took out were very, very rusty and were not included in my new exhaust headers.

See photo, I could clean up but not if needed. Anyone? Pipe joints?

Attachments

• IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    535.6 KB · Views: 297
Back
Top Bottom