Distressing patches/fabric

MILLENNIUM FALCON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I know this sounds like a poser question but................I just got a REALLY old leather jacket and some REALLY new patches I want to put on it. The bright crisp patches just look out of place. Especially the white part of the DTT patch. I really like the antique look of the dime city patch I got. I realize putting the patches on and wearing the jacket will give them wear over time, but I figured there is a way to make them look a little more appropriate for my 40 year old jacket. Thanks

Sew the patches on, roll the bike out (preferably in the dirt) and proceed to change your oil using only pliers. Do not wash up afterward, infact don't wash yourself or remove the jacket for at least 2 weeks.

Seriuosly though, the tea thing could work.

I just inherited a patch my great uncle got in pearl harbor (navy) back in the 40's. That has the patena I am looking for.

here is the navy patch

1326584676.jpg

stroker crazy said:
To reduce the whiteness: dye the patch with weak tea (skip the sugar and milk!).

Crazy

yeah man! That's a great tip. Whenever I get anything crisp (not secondhand), I pull out the chili pot and drop a couple tea bags in there. Done it for years, mostly with fresh white Chuck Taylors to get the vintage color. ;D

Back
Top Bottom