New Rider, First Bike, First Project CB360TY

PHeller

Coast to Coast
Haven't started one of these yet and I'm 30 or so posts in.

I'm a new rider, still on my permit, this is my first bike. I've always avoided motorcycles because of the inherent danger of riding an engine in a world of cars. My father rode motorcycles, never had any problems. My grandfather and grandmother toured half the US on a motorcycle without incident. My uncles, mom, friends all had bikes but I avoided them.

That is until now. I'm finishing up my senior year of college at 24, and I really wanted a project.

The day I bought it: Handlebars were wonky, didn't stay running, no signals, no front brake. Also has a tank from a CL model.
Day1CB360.jpg

After 3 days I had taken the carb off, cleaned it up, moved the handlebars, and started diagnosing the issues that I'd face to get it on the road.
DSC_0042.jpg

Where it is now. Needs tires for inspection, but that should be it.
September5-3.jpg

September5.jpg

September5-2.jpg

I'd like to lower it a bit more with shorter shocks in the rear, a set of clips ons, and ditch or cut down the fenders. Also would like to address the huge-ass gauges on this thing.

forfun.jpg

cool. ! seems like you are making some moves already as to modifying, don't be scared to pull some crap off and replace or do without it. If stock was good enough this website wouldn't be here
also like the speed holes you drilled in the primary cover with photoshop..... looks wicked fast
wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Back
Top Bottom