I'm about to do a bad, bad thing.

Babsworthy

I stumbled upon this today on craigslist.

30af29i.jpg

I have enough tied up with my KE100 build but this is too cool to pass up. The guy is asking $250 and its less than 1.5 hours away. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!?!

I'm going to look at it of course! It doesn't run, but it's all there and from the looks of the pictures, not too bad of shape.

My girlfriend (future fiancé) is going to kill me. :eek:

You sure you want to marry a woman who will kill you over a moped?? ;) no but seriously, think it through. The marriage bit that is, moped looks nice!

datadavid said:
You sure you want to marry a woman who will kill you over a moped?? ;) no but seriously, think it through. The marriage bit that is, moped looks nice!
Ha! I mentioned it last night to her. She changed her mind as soon as I told her I'd sell a few of my guitars collecting dust to pay for it. I also said it would be for her to ride once it was running.

I woke up to five emails expressing interest in the guitars, so I think I'll be alright.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hmmm I dunno man. What guitars are you getting rid of for that moped?

No comment on marriage....

I almost got married once. Looking back on it, glad I got cold feet. That was six years ago. I was a young, dumb, 21 year old. She kept the engagement ring, dropped to liability coverage, totaled my Infiniti that I had bought her a few days later. Sold the ring and bought herself a new car.

Dodged a bullet there. Expensive lesson.

J-Rod10 said:
I almost got married once. Looking back on it, glad I got cold feet. That was six years ago. I was a young, dumb, 21 year old. She kept the engagement ring, dropped to liability coverage, totaled my Infiniti that I had bought her a few days later. Sold the ring and bought herself a new car.

Dodged a bullet there. Expensive lesson.
Dude this sounds almost exactly like me.

Bought the ring, asked her, set no date because I was scared shitless then later told her I wasnt going to marry her. Still couldnt shake her for another 4 years lol. Bought her numerous cars including a bmw and the grand cherokee that she kept and later sold, along with the ring, and everything else. 8 years i'll never get back

I haven't talked to her in a few years. Still fish with her dad every time I'm home in Clearwater.

Why they hell would you buy any woman a bunch of cars that you haven't been with for several years or at least have children with?

coyote13 said:
Hmmm I dunno man. What guitars are you getting rid of for that moped?

No comment on marriage....
Well I wasn't going in to too much detail, but since you asked...

I'm selling an early 80's American peavey T15 and a 60's Whitehall portable organ.

I have some amps I might get rid of too. But I'm keeping the 64 teisco del Rey I restored and my 66 American fender music master bass. I don't think I'll ever get rid of those.

DohcBikes said:
Dude this sounds almost exactly like me.

Bought the ring, asked her, set no date because I was scared shitless then later told her I wasnt going to marry her. Still couldnt shake her for another 4 years lol. Bought her numerous cars including a bmw and the grand cherokee that she kept and later sold, along with the ring, and everything else. 8 years i'll never get back
That's why I'm buying her a moped.

deviant said:
Why they hell would you buy any woman a bunch of cars that you haven't been with for several years or at least have children with?
Ignorance is the only explanation. But, I laugh at "or at least have children with" because thats one mistake that I find to be a bit larger than than buying a girl that I loved a few cars.

alright marriage quips aside. how easy do you think it will be to get this running again? It seems like parts are hard to come by. $250 is a good deal unless i have to spend $2000 on parts.

Babsworthy said:
alright marriage quips aside. how easy do you think it will be to get this running again? It seems like parts are hard to come by. $250 is a good deal unless i have to spend $2000 on parts.

that's a loaded question. Could be easy as fresh gas and a plug or you could fine large chunks missing from the piston. ya don't know until you know. If its hard to find parts for, I would find a more "usual" bike, unless you are stuck on this one. A Puch, batavas or similar would have a much more accessible part market than this one.

hurco550 said:
that's a loaded question. Could be easy as fresh gas and a plug or you could fine large chunks missing from the piston. ya don't know until you know. If its hard to find parts for, I would find a more "usual" bike, unless you are stuck on this one. A Puch, batavas or similar would have a much more accessible part market than this one.
According to the owner the carb needs to be cleaned. The engine turns over. So hopefully it just needs a new spark plug and some carb cleaner. I'm inclined to trust the guy because he is the owner of a motorcycle shop. That might be my first mistake. It's a sparta buddy which I believe has a sachs motor. That might be my second mistake.

If he's the owner of a shop and all it needs is a carb cleaning, tell him you'll be happy to give him $300 for it running.

Babsworthy said:
According to the owner the carb needs to be cleaned. The engine turns over. So hopefully it just needs a new spark plug and some carb cleaner. I'm inclined to trust the guy because he is the owner of a motorcycle shop. That might be my first mistake. It's a sparta buddy which I believe has a sachs motor. That might be my second mistake.

I'm inclined NOT to trust him.

He owns a motorcycle shop, but cant clean a moped carb in about 20 min and get it running to sell it for a much higher price?

Back
Top Bottom