YZF750/1000R - The Fly 5

man that's sweet. love the yellow screen!

doc_rot said:
man that's sweet. love the yellow screen!

Thanks! Man, me too. The colors have already grown on me. Heck, I even ordered a set of purple shorty levers.

canyoncarver said:
Are you done with that Daytona 400 yet?
It's getting close. Waiting on the cylinders to come back from boring and porting, paint a few more items and find one more unobtanium part!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

Redbird said:
I know right?!
I need to get on the 1stgen GSXR I got in the corner of the shop.
You shoulda bought Levi's Interceptor and saved it from that skinny fucker's whiskey throttle of doom.

canyoncarver said:
I had to look up Cochese Redbird....

As for the colors, I'm going to maintain the factory plastics and graphics, I love them yet can't stand Vanilla Ice.. ;)

However.....Airtech is having a sweet Labor day sale today so I got a bit excited and ended up ordering a full race fairing, tail and bellypan.

My excuse is that one of the yzf's will need all the body work and I couldn't miss the price break Walt at Airtech gave me today.

:) :) :)

Full race fairing and endurance style headlights....

Bike looks great man!

Green199 said:
Full race fairing and endurance style headlights....
Bike looks great man!

Thanks Green. I'm thinking about lighting. Have not decided which way to go. Maybe just a single projector lamp. We'll see.

canyoncarver said:
Eh? Lets see it.
1fasgsxr said:
What yr Redbird ?
'87 750
It was a freebie with a title. Good compression, obviously been sittin up for a while, I got it to almost start but it'll need some good TLC. PO's wife got tired of looking at it in the garage and made him get rid of it. I had patience and waited out the price droppage until it was "come get it outta my sight".
utf-8BSU1BRzAzNjUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAzNjcuanBn.jpg

And this was after about 20min of reassembling the bodywork.
utf-8BSU1BRzAzNjguanBn.jpg

It's next in line, waiting for me to finish up the wifes Rebel, and (now) my bros RD400.

Redbird said:
'87 750
It was a freebie with a title. Good compression, obviously been sittin up for a while, I got it to almost start but it'll need some good TLC. PO's wife got tired of looking at it in the garage and made him get rid of it. I had patience and waited out the price droppage until it was "come get it outta my sight".

It's next in line, waiting for me to finish up the wifes Rebel, and (now) my bros RD400.

That gsxr 750 is a cool bike. That will be a really fun project. Just shoot some clear over that paint just like it is.

canyoncarver said:
That gsxr 750 is a cool bike. That will be a really fun project. Just shoot some clear over that paint just like it is.
I can't wait to start on her. I'd been thinkin of painting her in the blue/white scheme, because I like it better. But right now I'm leaning towards the original red/black. Who knows what'll happen when the time comes :p

1fasgsxr said:
Very cool bike ! That is one of the few models I have never threw a leg over in the GSXR family.
Once I'm done, you're welcome to sit on her and make vroom vroom noises ;)

Back
Top Bottom