KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero

Re: KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero (also, a man and his vintage tool)

After sitting on this project for a few years, I'm pretty excited to get it moving. My new motor and VFD arrived along with some good reading material for restoring vintage lathes. I also have the lcd tach setup for it, proper 10k ohm rotary dial, lcd sensor, and a bit more. I was waiting on the motor before I tried to fab up a mount for it so I hope to start that soon. I want to build a good switch/control head/box and find a way to mount the VFD unit. I'll try to not make it all look like hokey crap either. I feel fortunate to have friends with much more experience in this than I do. It is also a great source of motivation.
Plenty to do before metal spins though. Onward.

Attachments

• lathemotorvfd.jpg
    lathemotorvfd.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 346
deviant said:
Is this thing going to Barber?

I hope so. Depends a bit though. I'm thinking solo seat on the bike and Mrs. wants to come with me to Barber this year. I may end up trailering two bikes if so. More room inside for disco lights and a good subwoofer box in RedVan1.

Re: KZ 750 Twin - Two point oh?

doc_rot said:
Maybe consider the "g" side covers. Much smaller than the "b" side covers. Cool to see another 750t build on here.

I've been looking for decent ones but they still get a bit of a silly price on the bay'.

Dammit, I've just found this. Subbed.

BTW your friends are hokey, not your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you already are with that lathe. What kind of vfd did you get?

It's a Teco L510, good for up to a 1hp motor, which is also what I have. I still need to check my belt and pulley options which will have some bearing on the motor mount I've yet to start building.

I have fewer responsibilities this weekend, I hope to move this stuff along.

Some stuff going:
I haven't decided on which size dash I like so I made two. I have an array of dash lights ready when I decide which to use.

Attachments

• frontpaint.jpg
    frontpaint.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 1,087
  • dash_1.jpg
    dash_1.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 321
I like the larger one. The optional dash for those is really nice, have you considered that?

jimmer said:
I like the larger one. The optional dash for those is really nice, have you considered that?

I guess I missed that on my homework. I'm not sure what you mean by the optional one.

$47 on Amazon. Gives you lots of indicator light options.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 320
Back
Top Bottom