KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero

Ah. Yep, I'd seen that one too. I like it but I think I'm gonna mess with some of these lights and bits I have.

A buddy of mine sold me this last weekend: (glacial build thread link to follow). 1991 Kawasaki Zephyr 750. I have a bit of history with it. Needs the top end sorted.

Attachments

• 750zephyrRedvan1.jpg
    750zephyrRedvan1.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 321
clem said:
Dude it looks like a perfect match for your van. Possibly a Barber bike?

I doubt I can get this project going while I'm also doing my KZ, ZRX, and the Chopper stuff over the summer. A good chance the Zephyr will wait until winter.

[edit] A ZX6 front end could get me excited though.

I think you guys are right, the smaller one will look better and will still fit the few indicator lights I'm going to run. I've also been watching a few smaller fairings, have not pulled the trigger on anything yet. I'm still hoping to be wowed by something I haven't seen yet.

Something simple but cool. Doc_rot kindly offered me an extra tach plug he spun. So. yes.

Attachments

• docrot_tachplug.jpg
    docrot_tachplug.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 952
Front brakes have been held up until I got this: New stainless aftermarket front brake piston. The original leaked and has seen better days.

I also picked out frame paint color and it's not black. Well, I have 3 cans of it at least. Plan is to pull the engine out so I can begin finishing up on the frame.

Attachments

• kzfrontbrkpiston1.jpg
    kzfrontbrkpiston1.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 338
canyoncarver said:
Front brakes have been held up until I got this: New stainless aftermarket front brake piston. The original leaked and has seen better days.

I also picked out frame paint color and it's not black. Well, I have 3 cans of it at least. Plan is to pull the engine out so I can begin finishing up on the frame.

Are those pistons the same size? maybe its the angle or something. I have read that if you use sintered pads with a non-insulated piston they will get hot enough to boil the break fluid. Im going with Phenolic pistons in my 750.
http://www.vinmoto.org/gallery/v/VinMoto-Garage/album03/Godfferys-Garage-123/Parts+and+service/PHENOLIC+Replacement+brake+Caliper+piston/PHENOLIC+Replacement+brake+piston+for+Kawasaki+KZ+65+900/

doc_rot said:
Are those pistons the same size? maybe its the angle or something. I have read that if you use sintered pads with a non-insulated piston they will get hot enough to boil the break fluid. Im going with Phenolic pistons in my 750.
http://www.vinmoto.org/gallery/v/VinMoto-Garage/album03/Godfferys-Garage-123/Parts+and+service/PHENOLIC+Replacement+brake+Caliper+piston/PHENOLIC+Replacement+brake+piston+for+Kawasaki+KZ+65+900/

Doc, the dimensions are identical, it's a wierd angle. The only difference is the thickness in the lip around where the piston contacts the brake pad. I had not considered the phenolic ones you posted, I appreciate the link. I paid 35$ plus the ride for the stainless version. The phenolic version is a bit more but I wonder what the difference in weight and heat tolerance is?

I'm going to run this one but i'll keep an eye on it.

canyoncarver said:
Right on Bruno! I had to laugh when I realized we have two of the same bikes.

Haha, yep! You never know we might have more... I have 2 cb500's, 2 CB550's a CL350, an 82 v45magna...umm there's more I'm sure...my brain stopped there.

MotorbikeBruno said:
Haha, yep! You never know we might have more... I have 2 cb500's, 2 CB550's a CL350, an 82 v45magna...umm there's more I'm sure...my brain stopped there.

CB550 makes three, although mine is currently in boxes.

I may soon have a kz750 twin and have/had parts of a cb550 around. I guess maybe ill sorta kinda be your friends....

Back
Top Bottom