Winter project CB550

paulososilva said:
Hi.
congratulations for the project. The CB550 Café Racer was very beautiful.
I would like to ask you: How did you do the gas tank? What gas tank did you use?

Regards

Paulo
Brazil

Paulo,

It's a cb500t tank

Hi just started my build here in Toronto Ontario Canada and just wanted to thank you, I orderd quite a few parts from your site and man did you get them sent out fast! Great service! I have a 74 cb 550 I will do a build thread on. I stumbled on your bike while looking for ideas for mine! Thanks from all of us for documenting the build answering questions and offering great parts at a great price with the best online service I have had for a long time! Great bike!

BuildFan here from BuildThreads, Inc.

Congrats and nice work, SpeedBump - this build thread was chosen as a Best Build Thread pick for this week.
hat_tip.gif
What this means is that a bunch of guys who like to build stuff (cars, trucks, 4x4s, bikes, cabins, boats, planes, garages), and have read a ton of build threads, thought that this build thread makes a valuable contribution to online DIY culture.

So, without further ado:

If you like build threads, you can see all our winners here: All Build Thread Trophy Winners. We also have 131 different builds listed from DoTheTon on our BikeBuilds.net build site, fully credited to all builders and to DoTheTon. Hope we've been able to send you guys some good visitors.

And we give away our 50 Must Read Homemade Tools ebook for free to all winners and their forum. You can grab it at the link below. Congrats again and cheers!
beer.gif

HomemadeTools.net

SpeedBump said:
Going to start with 95 jets today's update on tank
riveted back on the tag that was removed prior to powder coating
zyvy5yse.jpg
Did you keep the rectifier/regulator in the seat pan, out of the wind, or did you mount it below the seat pan?
If you kept it in the seat pan, do you have troubles with overheating?

Asking because I'll have to make that choice soon :)

SpeedBump said:
Going to start with 95 jets
u3y5amum.jpg

harugynu.jpg
today's update on tank
ba6utyqe.jpg
9yzupeje.jpg

riveted back on the tag that was removed prior to powder coating
ysezuvav.jpg
2amypepy.jpg
aqyranaq.jpg
subejedy.jpg
zyvy5yse.jpg

Hi @speedbump, this build was the all the inspiration I needed to start my own build. Can you tell me how you're finding the Antigravity 4 Cell? Antigravity recommend this battery for track bikes of upto 550cc but not street bikes. The battery box I've built for my bike will take this battery perfectly. How's it working out on the CB550?

Back
Top Bottom