75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build

Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build

I happened upon this old AHRMA fork brace... I want to try and get it to work with mine. Problem is that it's obviously made for a drum bike, no bump for the caliper... will have to figure out how to make that dent. It's so much lighter and quite a bit stiffer. I am not really 100% dedicated to using it... if it works it works, if not well... I'll stick with the stock brace.

Attachments

• 20180623_100023.jpg
    20180623_100023.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 596
  • 20180623_095936.jpg
    20180623_095936.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 590
I really should get my arse in gear and finish the braced I started making 3~4 yrs ago ::)

Yes.. yes you should

Also, tank has been painted and its freaking me out how the color absorbs light

First pic is indoors with florescent light. Second is outside direct California sun

Attachments

• 20180623_141210.jpg
    20180623_141210.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 20180623_142425.jpg
    20180623_142425.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 550

That’s mad!
So different indoors and out

Nice bud, also in the event you decide not to use the fork brace and look to unload it. I am your man. ;D

I'm kind of diggin' both inside and outside colors. Might make it hard to pick complementary colors, though.

Could you share the paint name or code?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MiniatureNinja said:
Yes.. yes you should

Also, tank has been painted and its freaking me out how the color absorbs light

First pic is indoors with florescent light. Second is outside direct California sun

haha ok bro im really colorblind.
The indoors pic looks brown.
The outdoors pic looks like a Robins egg blue.
Am I seeing this close to what you see?

Paint is Krylon satin "Jade" it's no longer made but you can find it anywhere that still has it in stock (like walmart maybe) Ive had the paint for a long time since seeing a VW forum thread about a build a guy used that paint and I was sold on it at that very moment

S3010370.jpg

trek97 said:
haha ok bro im really colorblind.
The indoors pic looks brown.
The outdoors pic looks like a Robins egg blue.
Am I seeing this close to what you see?
You aren't color blind... I'm not sure if it's the type of paint, the fact that I used white primer and a satin paint with gloss overcoats but its fuckin trippy. I know if I bought a car one color. And took it outside and it was a completely different color I would be upset.

Check this out.. same tank, same paints same camera (Samsung galaxy s8+) just different lighting conditions

What. The. Fuck.

Attachments

• IMG_20180623_150337.jpg
    IMG_20180623_150337.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 226
That is highly discombobulating.

Love the colour (as there are so many variants I'll use the bug shot as reference!) - love it even more on rat rod builds - the rust and that blue/green look great together. Cool choice man.

I dig the paint. Thanks for the hint.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Jimbonaut said:
That is highly discombobulating.

Love the colour (as there are so many variants I'll use the bug shot as reference!) - love it even more on rat rod builds - the rust and that blue/green look great together. Cool choice man.

originally the bike was to have some rusty components and sort of a "clean" ratbike/preservation build... but the more holes I drilled, the more lightweight aluminum I added, the transformed and I decided a cleaner bike was in order. still love the color and it was fun to do.

Does it look this way in person?

Cameras, especially phone cameras, have really poor automatic white balance when looking at bright colors.

The color in the sun reminds me of the mint / black theme Honda used on their Magna Deluxe back in 1995 (I had the purple / white from that year).

ZenMoto said:
Does it look this way in person?

Cameras, especially phone cameras, have really poor automatic white balance when looking at bright colors.

The color in the sun reminds me of the mint / black theme Honda used on their Magna Deluxe back in 1995 (I had the purple / white from that year).

no its that way in person too. in the sun is certainly like a seafoam mint color

which is OK with me, I couldn't decide between seafoam/mint/green/jade so... now I have it all! LOL

Got to work today buttoning up everything. I wanted to get it started today so I busted my ass all morning in a hot garage and pushed button. Ugh.. first try had the coils plugged in backwards. Second try... she fired up quite well but died when I let go of the throttle. Third try didnt go so well... as the battery had now had enough of timing and fucking around with backwards coils.
Now to figure out why. That's gonna require a backup battery, so until next time.. two gems. First pic is the completed look
Second pic is details. Still need to find a prettier bolt/nut for the tank mount

Attachments

• 20180701_155840.jpg
    20180701_155840.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_20180701_173841.jpg
    IMG_20180701_173841.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 256

Looking great!

Getting good fuel through, floats set right/working?
What do the plugs look like?

Back
Top Bottom