My bratty XS650 build

yourboychrisc

8067651623_a70b5bebef_c.jpg

8067646586_6d0baedd0e_c.jpg

8067649625_6c25f6c5ec_c.jpg

8067650687_4cfa79bf84_c.jpg

The wiring has been completely simplified with a custom harness built, everything wrapped in heat shrink. Went with a solid state reg/rec A cool little push/pull button controls power to the bike and I have small momentary button on my handlebars for the electric start which fires the bike up in like a 1/10th of a second, there is also a switch on the bars for my lights.

The front brake line has been replaced with super thin black steel braided line. I dropped the whole bike quite a bit, and yes there is enough room for suspension travel in the rear, it barely moves - this thing is practically a hard tail. As far as everything else goes, you can see whats been done.

Next up is a PMA (magneto), and I'm also thinking about rear sets. I'm usually not a fan of them but when you sit on this bike, it feels like it would be really fun to have your feet a little further back.

I also might do something with the tank but i really can't decide what yet... Also I have polished up the cases since this pic was taken and they look the tits.

What do y'all think?

Love it. I hope my KZ turns out as nice. Well done. Tasteful and clean all around.

Do you have any close-ups of your electrical? Swithes, placement, and I gotta see more of that tailight.

they look like they could be the Firestone ANS 'military' tires:

http://www.cokertire.com/tire-applications/motorcycle-bike-1/where/category/firestone.html

The guys over at CRD use them a lot.

looks good, really clean. HHB PMA is the best thing I vever did to mine other then the VM carbs I put on. Small capacitor, no battery, kickstart, ftw!

yourboychrisc said:
8067651623_a70b5bebef_c.jpg

8067646586_6d0baedd0e_c.jpg

8067649625_6c25f6c5ec_c.jpg

8067650687_4cfa79bf84_c.jpg

The wiring has been completely simplified with a custom harness built, everything wrapped in heat shrink. Went with a solid state reg/rec A cool little push/pull button controls power to the bike and I have small momentary button on my handlebars for the electric start which fires the bike up in like a 1/10th of a second, there is also a switch on the bars for my lights.

The front brake line has been replaced with super thin black steel braided line. I dropped the whole bike quite a bit, and yes there is enough room for suspension travel in the rear, it barely moves - this thing is practically a hard tail. As far as everything else goes, you can see whats been done.

Next up is a PMA (magneto), and I'm also thinking about rear sets. I'm usually not a fan of them but when you sit on this bike, it feels like it would be really fun to have your feet a little further back.

I also might do something with the tank but i really can't decide what yet... Also I have polished up the cases since this pic was taken and they look the tits.

What do y'all think?

Very sharp bike!!!!

I was a bit disappointed when I saw the thread title. I thought we were going to follow the build. Instead she was already done!!! Ahh, shucks...nice job anyway. Be sure to document any futher changes with photos so we can all throw our 2 pennys at ya!!!

Back
Top Bottom