1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project

rextec

Been Around the Block
Heres a few pics of my "new" project, lol. its pretty rough but just the thing i was looking for, im going to chop most of it up anyway. not sure if it runs but from what i have checked it should. in these pics i just went through and removed all the emissions and airbox junk as well as the rear fender and chrome side rails. This thing need HELP!!! enjoy.

DSC02064.jpg

DSC02063.jpg

DSC02065.jpg

DSC02078.jpg

heres some updates on my project. today i pulled all the electrical as well as the motor and cleaned up the oily frame a bit. not too bad for a couple of hours of work. :)

CIMG0319.jpg

CIMG0320.jpg

CIMG0318.jpg

I love the geometry of the rebel frame. The single tube back bone is just bonus too. Should be a lot of fun! Keep us up to date on progress if you would. So what are the plans and do they include any frame mods??
Troy

im not to sure of the direction im going to go in. i like the low slung look almost like a hybrid of a cafe/bobber. maybe some clip on bars, non sprung solo seat, keep the rear suspension, bob the fenders, pod filter, narrower rear tire (maybe a 120) and custom exhaust. im still tossing around ideas...... The tank is BEAT!!! i dont know if i should replace it with another rebel tank or a different tank. anyone have any good ideas or leads on tanks?? i also ripped out the air box and emissions junk to clean it up. i also need to relocate the battery.

The Heiwa Rebel gets posted some much, but it's so dead-on:
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2008/11/heiwa-builds-a-honda-250-rebel.html

Kev Nemo said:

yeah that is one of my inspirations, but on a much smaller budget. lol

I like the stance on Rebels. I might consider one for my next project. I just dot understand how people are asking 2000 for them. That's how much a decent shadow should cost.

Kev Nemo said:

Boy..... I never thought I would be interested in a bobber but........
The Heiwa rebel sure would be fun to ride!

goodfornothing said:
I like the stance on Rebels. I might consider one for my next project. I just dot understand how people are asking 2000 for them. That's how much a decent shadow should cost.

I got this beast for $250 LOL!

Well i put in some work over the weekend, nothing too exciting. Rebuilt all the electrical switches which were so gunked up with old grease and dust that they wouldnt work, now they feel like new. Little things here and there until i have a bit more time to tackle the bigger projects.

dude i got a buddyt hat rocks one of these... we blacked it all out, chopped the frame, cut a harley fender in 1/2 and took out 1 inch then welded it back together... looks awesome... ill get some pics... we put 16 in apes on it!

JRK5892 said:
dude i got a buddyt hat rocks one of these... we blacked it all out, chopped the frame, cut a harley fender in 1/2 and took out 1 inch then welded it back together... looks awesome... ill get some pics... we put 16 in apes on it!

post up some pics man!!! sounds like a sweet little bike, im going to black out alot of it and probably spray the tank and fenders some candy, heavy metal flake, or red oxide primer....

ive been doing some work on the bike lately will post progress pics later today.... rebuilt and refinished the forks. i was thinking of going for brushed aluminum for the fork bottoms to tie in with the brushed side covers on the motor and the brushed chrome headlight i am planning most everything else BLACK..... for the tank and rear fender i was thinking of going with red oxide primer/sealer. i think the bike would turn out looking clean but kind of old school.

hey bud i did not forget about your request for pics... i just have not got ahold of him yet... he is working his tail off before winter

Back
Top Bottom