MOAR WOMENZES!!!

Alex will lurk here, but hasn't joined yet. We picked the bike up Fri. night and worked on it some Sat. I caught her reading the repair manual and then looking at the bik. We're going to rebuild the forks and the shock this week. I think she might be hooked. =)

Uncle Ernie - I'll try to get a pic up. I tried to sneak a pic of her working on it, but she wasn't going to let it happen.

I love the cafe racer style, I like the fact that it takes a stereotypical sport and gives it a whole different twist and culture. There's not a whole lot of racers running around here, we get quite a few looks as we're going down the road, but that just makes it that much more cool! :) I'm not so much interested in the wrenching part, but I love the culture. Tyler and I took a trip to London last fall and we did a "pilgrimage" to the Ace Cafe, and I loved the culture and atmosphere that surrounded it. Instead of a bar, it is an honest to goodness cafe with a rough side to it, very unexpected, but neat.

I also love the fact that it makes Tyler happy to see me happy on my bike. It's great being able to spend time with him while doing a hobby that he and I love to do. The weather's been nice enough to ride "Isadora" off and on for the last month here, and he has been a great teacher. He was careful about the bike he got and made sure it wasn't too much for me to comfortably handle the first time I put her into motion. This put me in control of the situation instead of the bike in charge. :) The other thing he's been great about is being VERY patient. I've never driven a bike before, and it has taken lots of time for me to pick up just the basics of go and stop. It also hasn't hurt that I have a smoking bike!

Any pointers on cafe racer style?

I wonder why my wife does not post on here more often... weird, i am actually not sure if she knows how

Hey-hey! Ho-ho! This penis party's got to go!
If you want to talk to chicks you have 2 choices.
1. Hope they like what you like.
2. Register here........ http://johnnydeppweb.forumotion.com/forum.htm

I bet they are all trying to figure out why there are no dudes over there.

Hoping they like what you like.. that's what we're going for here! We want more ladies on here who build bikes.

beatnic said:
My girlfriend and I are picking up her 1st bike tonight, a 1991 Suzuki Bandit 400. It's been sitting for at least 5 yrs and needs a good bit of work, ( but its what she could afford ), she wants to do as much of the the work on it as she can. =)
Let me know if she decides to sell it.... I am interested in one. Am currently working on a Honda 500 Four deal..... if it goes through , would she be interested in a trade. I might even put a set of clubman bars on it ...... Interested ? dewjantim@msn.com ..... nothing as sexy as a girl on a motorcycle.... ;) ;) ;)

Now all we need is
Ally Cat, Equis and Lil Sushi etc. to chime in, plus some new lurkers to pony-up. 8)

i guess i'll try to answer your questions about bikes and gear..

rd's, tz's, and cb's are some of my favorite bikes. 250-350cc

it's been tough finding gear i like and that fits right. i love rev'it jackets/pants. i like vintage jackets, but i know i might really need the armor in modern gear. perhaps some day i'll just update a vintage jacket :) i'm a fan of the style and music from the 50s/60s.
i don't remember how i came across cafe racers. my brother and i got into bikes at the same time. we learned to work on them together. got them running and such, and then got into making other changes. we did rat bikes together for a while. now he prefers bobbers and i tend towards cafe racers.

After we got back from today's ride, I snapped a pic of Mrs. doing a little polishing on Isadora, helmet hair and all:

100_1881.jpg

She did the full wax and polish, too! ;D

The problem i have with my jacket is I feel like my shoulders are about the size of King Kongs LOL Someone posted a pic of their girlfriend riding with a super cute jacket (it was blue) and fit her beautifully, but Tyler called me off of the computer before I could take a good look at the thread I had clicked into....so, maybe whoever's girlfriend that was, will take pitty on me and post a couple more pics of her for me to stumble across....

man, whens it my chance to get a biker chick.

come on go... your single, im single...

lets boogy :D

Hell ya. If nothing else Rocan youve got balls brother. Ill give ya that! Call me in 5 or 6 years and your first "Im 21" beer is on me! ;D

Ya never know, maybe I want to be a coug someday!

Back
Top Bottom