Info on this Bike

miltola

SD Cafes...
Does anyboy has more info on this bike???

Attachments

• honda-cb-900f-bobber.png
    honda-cb-900f-bobber.png
    229.9 KB · Views: 395
DOHC cb750.

Poorly set up rear suspension.

Stock tank.

Stock forks and wheels.

Solo seat on a shortened frame.

VonYinzer said:
DOHC cb750.

Stock tank.

Stock forks and wheels.

Solo seat on a shortened frame.

I mean if somebody has more pics on this bike ! ! ! or if it has been documented the build

VonYinzer said:

I know jack about suspension so pardon my ignorance but besides increased stress on the frame, what's wrong with it? I only ask because I need to rework my rear suspension to gain some ride-height and I'm looking at some different ideas.

no travel in the front and shocks are laying dwn too far forward in the front. prob suffecent for around town but not partucularly suited for back road twisty riding....looks ok though

AJ Simiana said:
no travel in the front and shocks are laying dwn too far forward in the front. prob suffecent for around town but not partucularly suited for back road twisty riding....looks ok though

I honestly hadn't even noticed the front but I can see what you mean now that you mention it.

Yinzer: The angle looks similar to a BMW Monolever so I'm not sure if I quite follow why it's useless. Not trying to be a smart-ass, genuinely would like to know.
555601092_4tn2d-M.jpg

The angle of the (stock type) shocks on the CB wont dampen the swingarm travel as they were designed. The BMW shock on the other hand is designed for that mounting angle.

That makes a bit of sense. I took for granted that all shocks are designed the same way, I didn't consider that maybe the ingenious engineers at BMW designed a special shock for their unusual design.

Whether or not the suspension modifications are sound doesn't count as information? Maybe you should be a little more specific about what kind of information it is that you're looking for? Otherwise, you can expect the subject of the replies to your question to vary wildly. Here, let me give you a couple of examples of specific questions:

Does anyone know who owns or built this bike?
I want to modify my frame like this bike's, could you tell me how to start?
I like animal crackers, do you think this bike is made of animal crackers?
Derp derp derp, where is the potty, do you like this bike?

yeah i would seriously love some more photos/build info on this one... definitely up my alley.

VonYinzer said:
The angle those shocks are mounted at basically make them useless.

That angle does not make them useless. They will have less sensitivity though.
Many old road racing machines had them almost vertical so they could feel any little roughness in the road surface.

Back
Top Bottom