Price check on a 1971 r75/5

ABCanuck

Coast to Coast
Hey fellas. Might be trading some old stuff (vehicles and tractors) for some 2 wheeled old stuff. The one thing I'm unclear on is the value of this bike specifically (see title). Literally next to zero miles since a complete redo, the bike is spotless. Engine was rebuilt by a reputable BMW guy and the fellow that has it I trust. He figured trading value of 4500? Few years ago i figured that would be on the high end but it seems they have risen. Keep in mind this is canada, specifically western canada. Stuff is always expensive out here. Cheers.

$4500 sounds in line, if it's been all done up nice and as you say you can trust the seller.

Not a screaming deal, but I sold a likely not-as-nice R90/6 for $4000 just a bit ago. I paid $4200 for my R75/6 5-6 years ago - all original, never rebuild or molested, which in and of itself had some value, but so does a completely redone bike.

If you can trade some stuff that you would otherwise take a ton of effort to sell for $4,500, for a single restored classic R75/5 (short wheelbase?), I think you're ahead of the game. The R75 will maintain/appreciate in value and will be less effort to maintain that value than multiple other vehicles which might be depreciating every day.

From an investment standpoint, I think I could justify it to myself :)

Oh Tim, you and I are on the same justification wavelength. The trade involves a 72 Chevy longhorn, 66 Fargo townwagon and two john Deere 4020's so I'm thinking I could get a few things out if it :)

Back
Top Bottom