Pod Filter for Suzuki GN400

GNGeorge400

Ride it like you stole it? Eh, no!Like YOU OWN IT!
So I'm sure that that this subject must be covered and I just haven't found the thread as of yet!
I'm working on making a 81 GN400 into a cafe. Yes, I'm a newbie! This will be my first build. But I can read instructions and I'm not that scared of asking questions that may seem like "no-brainers". (My friend made me ask these questions for him?)

The stock air box has a hose that comes out from the top of the engine case to the air box. I want to install a pod filter and get rid of the box. If I do this what do I do with that hose?

G.C.A.

That is your breather hose. You can put a tiny "pod" filter on it. You can get them at any auto parts store.
Or you can just run the hose to the back of the bike in front of the swingarm like the carb vents.

Thanks! I'll look into that.

I just finished sealing the tank with POR 15. My first time doing that. A lil nervous but I followed the directions to the "T".
only problem was the second step, etching the tank. My duct tape didn't hold and most of it spilled out the petcock hole.
I"m confident I covered the whole tank prior to this and it looked great afterward.
I was supposed to pay attention for that but I got caught up in cutting some aluminum for my tailpiece. Attention turned for "just a few moments"! :p

This is close to what she looked like prior to a leak in the tank. sanded her down and did the tank seal. Still working on paint scheme! Desire knows what and how it will be. Finances are telling me rat bike primer grey...
Goal is to have her back on the road by May 15th for the Backfire Moto Bike night in Ballard May 15th. We'll see.
The rear chrome hoop has been removed and I'm contemplating whether to update the turn signals ( A guy down the street has a nice set for sale for $40 (which I currently don't have) and would look great! More modern than the classic look I'm going for, but they were nice! Also have a CL 360 seat pan that I want to install with a removable cafe tail for two up riding that I'm workin up myself. YIKES!!!

Attachments

• Cafe Bars on.JPG
    Cafe Bars on.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,042
Back
Top Bottom