You know your old when....

You know you're old when you read about people restoring a "vintage" 1990 Honda and you're still thinking vintage is anything before WW2.

Hoofhearted said:
You know you're old when you read about people restoring a "vintage" 1990 Honda and you're still thinking vintage is anything before WW2.
I was born in 88. Early 90's is old to me! You can tag a 90 as an antique now.

Well, I was born right after WW2 so the 50s are new and the 60s are positively futuristic.

You know you are old when the music of your rebellious youth, is used to schlep boner-pills. ::)

And trucks. ::)

And home improvement supplies. ::)

The surest sign you are old is when you wake up in the morning and everything is stiff except..................................

4eyes said:
You know you are old when the music of your rebellious youth, is used to schlep boner-pills. ::)

And trucks. ::)

And home improvement supplies. ::)
+1

You know your old when you finally have you shit together, but can't remember where you stashed it.

My kid just sent me a picture of an oil tank he just installed in a 1967 BSA... I know... I'm old.

In 1967 I bought a Norton. In 2015 its still in my garage. That tells me I am not old but ancient. But I'm still taking the sidecar to Bonneville this year.

Hoofhearted said:
In 1967 I bought a Norton. In 2015 its still in my garage. That tells me I am not old but ancient. But I'm still taking the sidecar to Bonneville this year.

You go man! I hope when I'm dust in a bucket someone takes me to Bonneville so i can be a member of the cloud 8)

Tune-A-Fish said:
You go man! I hope when I'm dust in a bucket someone takes me to Bonneville so i can be a member of the cloud 8)

Oh! You gotta go before you're dust!!! One of the last places on earth where you can see imagination and innovation coming together. Everything from 50cc to turboed 250+mph Hayabusas. Not to mention some cool cars. Where else can you wander the pits and get up close to the machines? Talk to the riders and builders? Be careful though. Stay to long in a pit and you might wind up as part of the crew. Has happened many times.

Hoofhearted said:
Oh! You gotta go before you're dust!!! One of the last places on earth where you can see imagination and innovation coming together. Everything from 50cc to turboed 250+mph Hayabusas. Not to mention some cool cars. Where else can you wander the pits and get up close to the machines? Talk to the riders and builders? Be careful though. Stay to long in a pit and you might wind up as part of the crew. Has happened many times.

I built a museum for Speedy Bill and the Smith Family of Speedway Motors in Lincoln NE and he Carson and Craig sponsor a land speed car that I had plans to fly out and watch run... long story short, weather rolled in and the flats shut down from ponding?

You know you're getting old when you go for a ride with a bunch of guys from the ADV Rider forum and looking around the group, you realize your old enough to be the father of everyone else in the group.

Back
Top Bottom