pics of some of my dads builds when he was my age

JRK5892

Over 1,000 Posts
well finally snagged some shots of some of the bikes my dad built when he was younger... just found a few but i tried to bring them back to life, scanned them in and then used a photo editor to fix then up a bit, i have no idea how to do that crap.
here are the bikes, old triumphs, hondas, and mostly harleys
he did everything from the metal fab, paint, pinstripes, in frame oil, brazing, tanks, you name it! not really what we would call "in style" today, but i love them all!
figured i would share some of the ones i got uploaded already... more to come, he built a TON

Most of all though, i love the paint! i have got to get him in my booth to show me how to do some of this stuff!!!
10z4kuv.jpg

33afcyp.jpg

zvae1e.jpg

w8arh0.jpg

11jqlqx.jpg

2euu7av.jpg

2qt94xv.jpg

hrk1vn.jpg

bf10lv.jpg

Whoa man that is some supercool shit :eek:. Totally up my alley. Love the coffin tanks, I have one of those. Those scallop paint jobs on the tanks are neat. That style is making a comeback in the underground chopper scene, especially in Japan.

That's some great work your Dad did. Must be really nice to have that history/experience. I'm kinda jealous!

ill have to show my dad the thread i am sure that he will be proud as a peacock when he see's his builds are on the internet... we printed them all off in high def blown up pictures, they are being framed now... cool thing for him to hang in his office and our shop! I think the bike bug is back in his blood... when i was over there yesterday working on the snowmobiles he was all about throwing out some ideas for the CB350 build... he wants me to look into getting a frame and motor and doing a long pro street harley build. he was asking all about paints that we use "now-a-days" so i think i have him convinced that not much has changed and he can pick up my paint guns and go to town. we are going to see if his buddy will give us some spray booth time for the CB350 and i am going to let him have at it! should be cool to see what he does!

Back
Top Bottom