NEED YOUR PICS!!! ASAP - AS IN NOW!

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
We're doing the North American International Motorcycle Supershow 2010 coming up in less than 2 weeks, and I have to have a banner printed up this week for it.

It's going to be about 2.5 x 12 feet in size, and I want pics of your bikes on it.

Rear, frontal, 3/4 shots only. No full side shots as they will take up too much space. It will be printed in full color. I'm just going to plaster the banner with as many photos as possible - they'll likely be printed at 4" x 6" size or so, depending on how many I get.

Any stage of finish is great. Snapshots of the bike standing in a field covered in rust and dirt, show bikes, welding pics, WHATEVER! Just don't go to the web and send me other people's pics - I want YOUR pictures on this banner.

The banner will be used for the upcoming motorcycle show in Toronto and then will hang in my garage.

Email me pics at admin@dotheton.com

GET THEM IN QUICK!!!! Banner will go to print no later than this coming Monday (Jan 11).

I sent a couple! Just for fun! ;D

mrkil said:
sent you a couple
streetsweeper.jpg

P10100082.jpg

P10100032.jpg

P1010090.jpg

P1010075.jpg

If ya use em great, if ya don't, that's cool too. Let us see the finished product. Maybe a great poster for the store?

loudest143

So, Tim. Did you get what you were lookin' for?? ??? ???

Are you gonna give us a sneak peek?? ??? ???

Drewski said:
So, Tim. Did you get what you were lookin' for?? ??? ???

Are you gonna give us a sneak peek?? ??? ???

tim's busy gluing inkjet printouts to the banner. shhhh...

:D

lovehertz said:
tim's busy gluing inkjet printouts to the banner. shhhh...

:D

I wondered as much. I'm imagining a "bed sheet banner"! :D

Nah, I'm sure Tim will come through with something spectacular! ;D

I got what I needed :) Lots of people emailed me pics, and then I went through and downloaded nearly 400 pictures of our members and their bikes from the site.

I finished the artwork at 1AM this morning, and dropped the DVD off at the printers at 9. Should have the banner by Wednesday.

It will be 12 feet long and 3 feet tall. I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, and the fact I was able to use almost 400 pictures of our members bikes. At the end of the day I had to rely on software to pick and arrange the photos, so some didn't make it (I don't think there's a picture of my bike for example - couple of detail shots, but not the entire bike) but the pics on there look great.

I'll post up a pic of it once I get it back and we hang it up at the show on Thursday ;) Maybe a snippet sneak peak in the meantime...

Tim,
Can you talk to the banner maker, i would be intrested in one for the shop as well. let me know if that is possible, or if i can get the template i can have my banner maker wip one up for us here

Joe - there's tons of banner printers all over (the technology is readily available nowadays) - you'll be better off having it done locally.

I'm paying about $150 for a 3 x 12 foot full color banner printed with outdoor ink, and grommets every 2 feet around the perimeter.

When I unveil the banner I'll explain how I made it - you might want to alter the images etc. but of course you're more than welcome to use the same artwork - I'm happy to send it to you.

Here's a tiny snippet from the banner :) The DTT logo itself will be nearly 3 feet tall, so it gives you an idea of scale.

So, Tim. Any shots of the whole banner yet?? ::)

The little teaze was cool! Can't wait to see it "in the flesh"! ;D

Back
Top Bottom