new place! (hopefully)

mikeadamstattoo

Coast to Coast
tomorrow morning im going to hopefully sign a lease on a new place. its a duplex, but instead of side by side its 2 houses on top of each other. ill be living alone, which in my mind is by far the best option. (ive been a roomate the last year, its had its good times but mostly hell)

its a duplex and i get to split a 2.5 car garage with the tenant above me. (right now i share a 1 car garage to store my bikes and tools)

so wish me luck on it!

only thing that sucks is they want 2.5 months rent in advance. sucks dropping $1,400 at once.

Nice! that's how I'm living right now. Lower 2 Bedroom duplex with my best friend and my lady. Got a fenced in yard for the dog and share a 2 car with the lady upstairs, but she has nothing in it.

mikeadamstattoo said:
only thing that sucks is they want 2.5 months rent in advance. sucks dropping $1,400 at once.

That does suck, I wish it was that cheap where I live... so damn expensive where I am, I remember only 6 years ago paying over $1000 to share a room in a house with 7 other people... of course my backyard was the beach, but even that get old at 1k a month.

I was paying $1900 for a one bedroom one bath duplex 3 months ago :eek: ... talk about highway robbery!

Nice one man! Always nice having a new place! I've had so many roomates and alot of times it does suck! I'm married now and living in a crappy apartment...possibly on jan 30th we will be looking at a house we may be buying...comes with garage and VW van!

anyways - good luck with the new place!

1400 bucks covers 2.5 months rent?? That sounds awesome to me, I pay 1100 a month for a one bedroom loft apartment in RI :eek:

Damn... You guys need to move to PA. I pay $500 a month for a two story 3 BR apartment in a great town. My parents ( a few years ago) bought a 3 BR house with a big 2 car garage and 1.5 acres for 70k. Hell theres a house that needs some work down the road from me for sale for 45k right now...

Heck yeah, the cost of living in PA is cheap. Before I was married I was paying $250 for a 1 bed apartment but we bought our garage (house included) for about $85k.

And good luck on the new place!

Pshhhh! Mike (Von) - You know I hear that! Ive got a fully remodeled 3 Floor (and Half finished/Half shop - basement), 2 BR, 2 Bath townhouse steps from Downtown for 420 a month! Moved back from Philly 6 months ago after paying 1100.00 a month for 3 years for a ratty ass apartment!

Gotta love Pittsburgh!

yeah rent in pittsburgh was really cheap. the whole 6 years i lived there and the 6 places i lived i never paid over $600

this place is $550 and i get to share a big garage (just to store my bikes and tools) and the landlord pays water AND gas. so all i gotta pay is electric, and cable/internet.

Back
Top Bottom