1949 Ducati Cucciolo T2 - Stalled for the time being...

Re: 1949 Ducati Cucciolo T2 - A little progress...

I will defer to math major... I hate maths :D

But I suspect if hand written it would be the little number to indicate "to the power of" like you say HD, and just hard to type on a forum...

Here you go written form of what your used to seeing. By the way i have sloppy hand writing hence the Majoring in math in college. You would think the son of a writer and english nazi would have perfect script.

Attachments

• 2012-12-29_19-07-04_755(1).jpg
    2012-12-29_19-07-04_755(1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 300

Ahhhh.... I get it. Thanks
Hell, I couldn't even find the little pointy up arrow on the keyboard until now.
Sorry for the de-rail Pete.
But hey, it kept it at the top of the posts list for a while. :)

Haha all good HD... those maths are definitely making my head hurt, but yup, if we weren't discussing this the thread would definitely be down the list... no progress to report at present.

On the plus side, we have been discussing the start of the shed which means I hope to move the fence real soon... and then the shed building can begin... and once the shed's done, the sandblasting, walnut shell blasting, and painting can commence... then I'll be on a roll :D

Having said that to be realistic I suspect March/April at the earliest for the shed completion...

haplo_84 said:
Here you go written form of what your used to seeing...

Actually..

P1050652_zps8dede31a.jpg

Should have posted this instead, makes much more sence. The 0.5Y should outside the sqrt bracket or your spokes are gonna be too long.

I was just translating the typed out form of what we had, but yeah that would definitely make a huge difference.

Aaah thanks for the example and clarification, that will make it a little easier on my poor brain...

Hi I have found your forum very interesting especially the photographs which are good quality and will be very helpful to me very soon so thanks for that, Im not sure if you will find my recent find interesting but I also have a cucciolo purchased for £600 not been used since 1954 and been sitting in a shed for the last 30 years. At the moment I am trying to get a v5 registration form (same as a U.S, title) for it so I can keep the original registration number which is local to me (Belfast, Northern Ireland) and dates to 1951, this will depend on the local licencing office and is important to its history and originality. Either way I will be restoring it. I tried to attached a few pictures but wouldnt let me send I can try find a way to do this. I looked for one of these for a long time only to find one on my door step - since 1991 when I saw one in an article in a Classic Motorcycle magazine which I still have if you would like a copy of it, I could email the article to you, there was also an article in Classic Bike recently I also have, I find all information is helpful no matter how trivial. I like quirky things which would explain a few other things I have, i.e. 1955 Bianchi Aquilotto, 1960 AH Frogeye Sprite amongst others. Keep up the work and have been impressed with your work and your other projects. Hope this hasn't been too long and bored you to tears Regards James

Holey shit... Whats the chances of THAT?!
surprised.jpg

... and here of all places.

Hey James, that's pretty cool! Do you know what sort of Cucciolo you have? There's a T1 and a T2 and I think a Siata is the original one... although I do get a bit confused with them...

The easiest way to get photos up is to get a Photobucket account, upload them there, then put links in here. That's how I do it and it's real easy.

I've got the recent Classic Bike article and some other literature I think.

Have you joined the Ducati Pushrod Singles Yahoo Group at all? They're very knowledgeable on there and have all the parts and other manuals for these too, a very handy group to join!

Sounds like you have a very interesting collection going there too!

Aaaah... well... it's not where I wanted it to be at by now between other stuff going on and the weather (either ridiculously hot or raining), however I have made a start on moving the fence which needs to be done first.

The footing for the fence post went in the other week:

20130128-01_zps0c78bb37.jpg

And the weekend just gone saw me get the other two posts in. One had to bolt to the house (brick) and the other to the existing side fence (also brick).

I'll need to get some timber for the gate as I'm making it wider than the existing one (gotta be bigger than handlebar width this time) then the fence can move, shouldn't be too much longer!

Once that's done I can level the ground and prepare for formwork for the concrete. My housemate believes he has enough timber for formwork too...

Ya the weather here is a bitch too snow for a week really cold then more snow and more rain !!!!!!
Still when you get the shed up you;ll be rocking on with the builds.
Hope Hil;s Triumph fires up on friday !!!!

Mate I've got the itch real bad to get stuck in, cannot wait to get the shed done! I need to finalise the plans but can't do that until I've got the ground levelled and I can see how much the fall is.

Fingers crossed for the Trumpy!

So no more real progress and it hasn't stopped raining for weeks, so getting out to do the fence has been impossible... until yesterday avo' after work! Finally a brief respite although still showering, but I finally got the fence rails up:

20130204-01.jpg

Still have spare timber for the gate framework and I believe there are spare hinges here too, so I should be able to get that done real soon now.

That will mean all that's left is to move the paling's and lock from the old fence, then it can get torn down and I can start levelling for the shed floor at last!

1949 Ducati Cucciolo T2 - A little progress...

I love this forum where you can see CB750 and XS650 cafe and bobber builds and then find a gem like this. Keep up the good work - looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Cheers mate, yeah agreed, lots of diversity here!

I'll hopefully be hanging the gate on the fence today as there's actually some blue sky around finally, but then I'm flying out on hol's tomorrow so the paling's will have to wait 'til I get back next week.

Hopefully by the time I go back to work on the 18th I'll have a whole new fence with the old one torn down and I can start levelling the ground for the shed base.

I'm itching like mad to get this restoration underway again!

Ok, just need to move the paling's from the old fence and it's done!

IMG_20130307_103646_0.jpg

Frustrating that it's so close, but flying out to Melbourne tomorrow for a few nights... I'm still hopeful I can start levelling ground by the time I go back to work... but we'll see...

Look what i saw today at a bike meet

How cool is that !!!

Awesome Jeff! 1952... that's a new one :p I want those forks though... although those would be 26" wheels... too small... bugger!

As for where I'm at, got the fence done:

Started clearing 7.5 square metres of river rock:

And yesterday started levelling but got distracted by a disused water pipe that goes nowhere:

Should be ready for the form work for the concrete soon then once I've got that sorted I should be able to finalise the shed plans and get some concrete laid...

Back
Top Bottom