'81 CM400T Street tracker "Comstar Love"

Really like what you did with this bike!
I picked up a CM400T for a case of beer and I would love to be able to do something like you did. I'm only about an hour away as well up near Salmon Arm. Would love to connect and ask you a few questions some day...

Funhog said:
Really like what you did with this bike!
I picked up a CM400T for a case of beer and I would love to be able to do something like you did. I'm only about an hour away as well up near Salmon Arm. Would love to connect and ask you a few questions some day...

For sure. I can always make time for bike talk. Just send me a PM.

erock85 said:
We need some more finished pictures of this bike! Sweet bike!

P1030085.jpg

P1030091.jpg

flyswat2006 said:
If you know Lithium batteries then you know A123 makes the best. Below is what I ordered. It was overkill for my Cb200 and is just enough for my CM400. Unfortunately it tooks 2 mounths to arrive. You could also just order the cells from somewhere closer and make one yourself.

http://www.a123rc.com/goods-130-Motorcycle+Starter+Battery+LiFePO4+A123+ANR26650M1A+12V+23AH+4S1P.html

I'm considering using the same battery for my CM450. Your CM400 is electric start only too, right? How is the battery holding up? Did you need to upgrade to a new rectifier and other electrical components to run this battery?

Thanks! Really clean looking bike.

DoTheTodd said:
I'm considering using the same battery for my CM450. Your CM400 is electric start only too, right? How is the battery holding up? Did you need to upgrade to a new rectifier and other electrical components to run this battery?

Thanks! Really clean looking bike.
Yup, its electric stArt, the battery worked fine all season. I am planning to upgrade the rectifier just for assurance (along with a programmable ignition).

So you haven't upgraded anything aside from the battery at this point? I'm just trying to plan out what I need to order.

DoTheTodd said:
So you haven't upgraded anything aside from the battery at this point? I'm just trying to plan out what I need to order.

Correct. There is some interesting info on the programmable ignition on hondatwins.net

I'll check it out, thanks. I ordered the battery from the link you provided. I chose the expedited delivery option, so hopefully it wont be 2-3 months like you said.

Hey great job on the bike. I have a the same setup with dual emgo shorties on my CM400 and I've tried several different things to quiet them down. Nothing seems to work well. I did find a company that makes tuneable mechanical baffles for these. I haven't gotten them yet, but I may have to this spring. I am running out of ear plugs. If you decide to purchase them please let us know if they work for you.

http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categories/exhaust/baffles/80-84039-muffler-insert-xs-by-emgo.html

tsbigdog said:
Hey great job on the bike. I have a the same setup with dual emgo shorties on my CM400 and I've tried several different things to quiet them down. Nothing seems to work well. I did find a company that makes tuneable mechanical baffles for these. I haven't gotten them yet, but I may have to this spring. I am running out of ear plugs. If you decide to purchase them please let us know if they work for you.

http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categories/exhaust/baffles/80-84039-muffler-insert-xs-by-emgo.html

I ended up welding in some baffles. Just got a large washer, drilled some more holes in it and welded on over the outlet. Seemed to shut it up enough that it doesn't bother my ears. Doesn't look to bad either.

I do like what Nichcycle is offering. Nice price too.

flyswat2006 said:
I've been ill so progress has been slow.

Here is a closer look at how the hoop got attached to the frame.
P1020106.jpg

Picked up this tube notcher. Definitely worth it.
P1020093.jpg

Lower arms tacked.
P1020100.jpg

After plenty of massaging we managed to fit some DCC frame slugs.
P1020098.jpg

Did you use like a bent slug to mount the ''U" to the frame? Or is it just a smaller OD pipe you slipped over?
Thanks

Hello. I also have a project in progress. carburettor which you used in your bike. please send the mark and the carburettor model. here in Brazil it is difficult to get quality parts.
hug

Back
Top Bottom