'81 CM400T Street tracker "Comstar Love"

Did a bunch of welding and grinding. Added some gussets at the week points and completed the up sweep. And I welded on the original tank mount.

P1020108.jpg

Also been working on the electronics tray. It's aluminium and will be riveted to some tabs on the frame. I'm trying to keep it flush to the bottom of the frame so it is not visible. Unfortunately it's not going to leave much room for the electronics...

P1020109.jpg

Nothing exciting, just got the tabs welded in for my electronics tray. I'll throw some rivets in it later.

P1020111.jpg

After being in holiday mode, I'm finally getting back into this build.

Here is my seat pan I made out of PVC plastic. It worked well with my last build so I'm using it again. It's cheap, light, easy to cut and bend, and the upholstery guy can staple into it.
P1020284.jpg

Kneeling pad worked well on my last build too.
P1020285.jpg

This is how it turned out. Off to the upholstery guy.
P1020286.jpg

Looking good mate, real good :)

So the R1 bottom yoke went straight in, and you got a top yoke made or was it an R1 with bar risers on like the ready made streetfighter ones you can buy from anywhere ?

we use those kneeling pads for seats on the race bikes. they are great! Bike is looking fantastic so far

Shug said:
Looking good mate, real good :)

So the R1 bottom yoke went straight in, and you got a top yoke made or was it an R1 with bar risers on like the ready made streetfighter ones you can buy from anywhere ?

The top yoke is the stock R1. On the underside of the yoke had theaded holes that the clipons used. I just drilled and retaped those and mounted the risers. Totally lucked out.

You certainly did :) How's the bars over the adjusters ? Maybe some offset risers or are they ok ?

Lookin good!! I did my first CM,s subframe like that n it worked pretty good

flyswat2006 said:
A local place called Industrial Paint and Plastics.

i looked up their website and couldn't find anything like what you got. any help you can give would be appreciated!

7aliveatlast7 said:
i looked up their website and couldn't find anything like what you got. any help you can give would be appreciated!

These guys have bulk sheets of various types of plastics which they make custom enclosures out of. I just had them cut me a 25" x 9" peice of 3/16" pvc for $16. Then I just cut it and bent it using a heat gun. Looks like they only have location in western Canada. Not sure where you're from but any major city should have a similar business that make custom plastic enclosures.

BTW your KX440 is rad.

Got the race plate mounted. I used the OEM clipons that came with the fork as the mounts. One was bent so I didn't mind chopping them up. Turned out clean and sturdy. Next I'll have to punch a big hole in it to fit the headlight.

P1020312.jpg

P1020314.jpg

I need to pick up some of that plastic. Looking good.

Back
Top Bottom