Hollywoodmx's XV920 Tracker - Quick Build

Getting ready to cut. Looking at two options. First one I like better.

e5e3aquz.jpg

5a4a7upe.jpg

Actually thats no good those cuts. The lines dont go properly.

Editing to see what is best.

Attachments

• test 4 (Medium).jpg
    test 4 (Medium).jpg
    126 KB · Views: 459
This is even better I think. Anyone feel free to chime in, I don't mind the opinions.

Attachments

• test 4a.jpg
    test 4a.jpg
    832.8 KB · Views: 454
I like the newest one the best so far. # Plate isn't too big, and I like it with the rounded off edges. Not sure how it would look, but what about following the line of the frame with the front cut on the # plate, at least as a beginning line for the cut. Like I said though, not sure how the frame looks at that point.

CALfeRacer said:
I like the newest one the best so far. # Plate isn't too big, and I like it with the rounded off edges. Not sure how it would look, but what about following the line of the frame with the front cut on the # plate, at least as a beginning line for the cut. Like I said though, not sure how the frame looks at that point.

Ya I am trying to open it up there so you see the nice cut frame and mono shock.

CALfeRacer said:
Sounds good. Are you going to be doing the same style of rear header on this one as the TR1?

I would like to but this is the quick build so I have jardine pipes for it although I have to do some rear pipe work to get them installed. If it's better to build the rear from scratch I will. This frame will be opened even more than my tr1 though.

I need to get this sub frame done so both this bike and the TR1's parts can go to powder coating.. I feel like I always get side tracked. fak! :(

HollywoodMX said:
I would like to but this is the quick build so I have jardine pipes for it although I have to do some rear pipe work to get them installed. If it's better to build the rear from scratch I will. This frame will be opened even more than my tr1 though.

I need to get this sub frame done so both this bike and the TR1's parts can go to powder coating.. I feel like I always get side tracked. fak! :(
Ahh alright. Well, I'm curious to see where you're going with the rear frame then!

dualero said:
Dude do you have a link where I can have a look at those CREE headlights?

DH900sl

Ebay!! :)

Mine are 30w 3600 lumens per light.

CALfeRacer said:
Ahh alright. Well, I'm curious to see where you're going with the rear frame then!

Ya Monday or Tuesday I will have that done.

HollywoodMX said:
This is even better I think. Anyone feel free to chime in, I don't mind the opinions.

The last one you posted is the best in my opinion. Flows better with the smooth lines of the tank and tail.

Agreed, last option for the tail piece trimming looks best.

And yeah, you are way over thinking details that most people will never notice.

Scruffy said:

Hollywood will notice it every time he looks at the bike though if he doesn't make it perfect. I am the same way :)

HerrDeacon said:
The last one you posted is the best in my opinion. Flows better with the smooth lines of the tank and tail.

Ok good thanks for the feedback!

Scruffy said:

Thanks! Seems to be concensus on which version is best.

Ya sometimes I can't help myself and I lose hours doing that stuff. I feel it's for the overall greater good of the build. I don't feel it's fully wasted but it isn't the best for progress. I then get envious when I see other builds done and mine or not.

What gets me more is rework. For example I spent a couple hours of sanding the frame and swingarm or my tr1 build. Then I ended up sand blasting it. I prepared the tr1 engine for paint then I switched priorities and it's dirty again from dust and grinding. Fak. Lol. But I am getting better at less rework.

johnu said:
Hollywood will notice it every time he looks at the bike though if he doesn't make it perfect. I am the same way :)

Ya that's true. And your build quality is fantastic!

But I am starting to understand why some shops skip on a lot of details to bang out builds.

Back to progress. I want to paint while stuff is at the powder coaters so the tank and seat need to be set before I send away the subframe.

Other side of the tank to seat gap done.

u7yryqem.jpg

ene5evyn.jpg

mudadana.jpg

ura7eha4.jpg

Started rough cutting the fairing. I'm starting too big and working my way in. I then taped more that I plan on cutting with electrical tape to black it out to see. I still think more is to be cut than beyond the electrical tape too. I need to clear the swingarm now that I'm seeing it come to shape.

It's nice to see the shock now! Oh and now even front fender is a floating.

2ygequ4y.jpg

a3asuze7.jpg

ebe7ydan.jpg

Back
Top Bottom