Dominator tracker in the making

tort said:
Id try to find something that belongs to small cc bikes (125 for example) or oldschool MX bikes (harder to find i think). They're usually smaller liter wise, ie shorter too :)

Or here's another idea. When i was looking for a tank i googled that there are motorcycle scrapyards in Finland too. Maybe you pay a visit and have a look around?

Hmmmm an older mx tank might be a good idea too. I'll have to ask around if somebody has those stashed somewhere. My friend owns a scrapyard nearby but he didn't have anything there at the moment. Have to ask around some others too. The XT500 aluminum tank would be ideal, but hugely expensive... ::)

The tank might need some modification as well to get it to go a bit more forward so that there wont be such a huge gap between the headstock and the tank.

mekanikki said:
Rims have arrived!! Nice and black Moose Racing rims. Only bad thing is that work is taking up too much of my time and haven't had a chance to disassemble the wheels yet! Vacation time is just around the corner tho! 8)
RDPh5JG.jpg

As far as the exhaust goes, I'm a bit undecided. Saw this and this might be the way to go...
Mermaid-Dominator.jpg

Hey Mekanikki, great bike that you have there to build, I will be followwing along for sure. The bike in the picture is the best looking 650 I've seen, especially the seat and tank combo! That exhaust is ok but you will probably want a silencer on there. I would search for flat tracker pictures to get some exhaust ideas. I worked in Finland for about 6 months several years ago (a place called Lojia or something like that) and I loved it there you have a very beautiful country. That 650 will be a great bike to have with all of the dirt and gravel roads there.

Well then... Its been awhile!

Out with the old plans and in with totally new ideas! I accidentally posted a photo of Engineered to Slide's HiRider on my FB page and my friend (and chief welder/custom builder) saw it and gave me a call. He had a wild vision and convinced me that this would be the way to go... He was so excited that I couldn't (wouldn't) say no to him! :D Off came the subframe and we started from scratch...

This is the way we're going now, less = more! Subframe will follow the bottom of the seat and ideally it'll be almost out of sight. My friend will make the gas tank from scratch so it'll sit perfectly with the seat, etc.

qVrLvP3.jpg

Wheels are waiting for new tires at the office, hopefully they'll be under within a week or two...

Damn... Time flies and work gets in the way of hobbies so progress has been slooooooow. :-[
Managed to get the new wheels under the bike a little while ago and had a little brainstorming session with my buddy how we should proceed.

Here's a tiny teaser whats in the works.

rak6Urw.jpg

Or just buy this and use what you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-Honda-CRF450-main-frame-subframe-swingarm-crf450r-crf-450-450r-/291710194107?hash=item43eb4851bb:g:0e4AAOSwoBtW6Iev&vxp=mtr

What is that, a whole 1/2 square inch of tail light back there? Tell me that isn't the brake light also? That shouldn't be allowed on public roads.

o1marc said:
What is that, a whole 1/2 square inch of tail light back there? Tell me that isn't the brake light also? That shouldn't be allowed on public roads.

I could build a "square inch" tail light that would blind you at night and still make you squint in daylight LED's are not little dim dots anymore man.

Holy smokes its been ages! There has been some progress for the first time in quite a while. Last time I updated we had mocked up a rough outline for the seat and exhaust and thats where the story continues...

These are from yesterday and today.
CNGGRpc.jpg

OEXWNmC.jpg

EEY0quw.jpg

u9BsDQ1.jpg

ZcNRIic.jpg

We banged out a front numberplate today. Baby steps towards finishing this thing sometime in the future... 8)

Lcbgy6x.jpg

suIQv4S.jpg

Some close ups, still needs some finishing touches.
xsXccdc.jpg

zTrEyxT.jpg

gc7LSr4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom