CX500 Street Tracker

Kamn said:
it was very utilitarian and quick + if the bolt ever breaks the shock gets caught in the upper mount

how long are you planning to make the seat for you and the other 1/2?

The other half is a little hesitant about riding plus I wasn't making this bike a 2 up bike on purpose, if a second ass can fit then cool
This is the type of seat and pan I had in mind for this bike

Topeka_Tracker1_zpsc7qqtw84.jpg

Yes it has but I will have updates some time this week, in the process of getting things and making things

OK, here is an update....waiting on the powder coater to finish the rims for me which should be tomorrow. In the meantime I started machining the front axle, but just started since I needed to make some adjustments to the lathe I didn't complete the axle, but should have it finished tonight

1-1/4" 4140 chucked up in the lathe that will be cut down to a 20mm axle
IMG_1102_zpslrzvsbwc.jpg

IMG_1104_zpsumawvpp3.jpg

The CBR forks I have use a 22mm front axle and the CX650 Eurosport wheel uses a 42mmOD wheel bearing, the dilemma was finding a bearing to work with both but none exists. But I was able to find a bearing with a 42mm OD and 20mm ID, so thats what Im making....a 20mm axle

hopefully I will get it done tonight other than having to tap the one side.....but for that I am still awaiting the m14x1.5 tap to show up

Alright, I finally got my wheels back!!
And then got the rubber put on the rims

IMG_1112_zpspg5tphhz.jpg

IMG_1113_zpsj8ggctjh.jpg

IMG_1114_zpsym8mrzfk.jpg

Now Im on to cutting a new spacer between the bearings, then install the bearings, and cut a new axle.
Once I get that done then I can measure for spacers and what size adapter plate for the brake rotor.

Should have some more updates by tomorrow night

Got the bearings installed and mounted the wheels on the bike, main goal is for the front one to get it spaced properly in the forks then can work on an adapter plate for the brake rotor.......so thats todays mission to get most of that done.

IMG_1117_zpstgkx4qka.jpg

Then maybe by the end of the week I can start tacking into place the seat framing, but I need the wheels in place so I have good clearance for the rear tire as well as where the tank will mount

Excellent work on the mods for marrying the swingarm! Are you using a GSXR shock with your linkage? I mocked mine up direct and it's stupid soft. I am pondering incorporating the stock GSXR linkage or sourcing an alternative from something else.
Those gold rims are looking sweet, especially with the CBR forks.

Back
Top Bottom