Suzuki TS185 Left Turn Build

Easiest way to get the O.D. of bearings is just remove them from steering head

Update:

I have printed out the paperwork, nada form, and picture of my bike and am about to undergo the Vermont title process.
I'm unsure as to what parts on this form I am supposed to fill out, so hopefully I will get this right the first time.

It takes like 7-10 days to get back, so details to follow. But if this actually works this would be quite exciting, as title less bikes under 300cc around here are dime a dozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have experience with these?
Now before I get the typical "don't cheap out" "that's eBay Chinese crap"
I get that.
But this is my budget..
So I'm looking for some opinions from anyone that has had experience with these, or has heard anything about them.
1eafb8c1c7ba021bd906b249ccd92330.png

CaferacerMO said:
Update:

I have printed out the paperwork, nada form, and picture of my bike and am about to undergo the Vermont title process.
I'm unsure as to what parts on this form I am supposed to fill out, so hopefully I will get this right the first time.

It takes like 7-10 days to get back, so details to follow. But if this actually works this would be quite exciting, as title less bikes under 300cc around here are dime a dozen.

You just need to fill out your info, info on the bike, and purchase price. When you send the check, its gotta be for the $44 reg fee and I believe they based my sales tax off the "good" NADA value. I sent the "min sales tax" of $30 and had everything returned to me because they weren't able to use that value. Ended up being about $15 more.

Thanks for the info adventureco, I have to run to the bank tomorrow and actually get checks because I've never used them before. Ha.

If I decide to ditch the stock oil tank and move to premix would there be somewhere I need to block off?
I would really like to make this bike as minimalist as possible, and ditch as much as I can.
e190561cdb16f8dcfe4610597e030101.jpg

I also discovered the PO apparently lost the tank cushions, so as a result he was using a gardening hose, and a crap ton of instant foam to keep the tank down.
Picture doesn't do what I originially found justice...

8d2f4feb0c7b58849906d5a91d1569e1.jpg

adventurco said:
You just need to fill out your info, info on the bike, and purchase price. When you send the check, its gotta be for the $44 reg fee and I believe they based my sales tax off the "good" NADA value. I sent the "min sales tax" of $30 and had everything returned to me because they weren't able to use that value. Ended up being about $15 more.

Did you have to do the notarized bill of sale?

Removing the 'Posi-lube is a bad idea, quite likely the main or big end bearings will suffer.
As for the shocks the build quality has improved a great deal but they really need a re-build and re-gas to work properly.
Once done they work at least as well as $300.00 shocks.
Budget at least $100 to have them fixed though.
There is someone on here that does them pretty cheap (cheaper than I would do them)

CaferacerMO said:
Did you have to do the notarized bill of sale?

Not notarized, just a completed BOS with yours and sellers info, make model frame # all that good stuff.

They send the plate first and then paper reg and sticker will come about 10 days later.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Thank you everyone for the helpful responses and feedback!

Today I pulled the motor and electricals while I wait for my tires to get mounted so I can truly see the lines and how I may want to do the seat loop, and what I will be wanting to shave from the frame.

Man will I tell you, there had to be an entire mud pie behind the sprocket cover whenever I was removing the drive chain.
4970ba74662937f472c5c4aa5ccb0863.jpg

adventurco said:
Not notarized, just a completed BOS with yours and sellers info, make model frame # all that good stuff.

They send the plate first and then paper reg and sticker will come about 10 days later.

When exactly should I expect to see them cash the check?
I mailed it out on Tuesday.
I went ahead and just sent the nada good value even though it isn't in that bracket.
Mailed them a check for 114.50 just to be sure, I just need a title, don't mind spending an extra 30 bucks to make it happen.
Just hate wasting time so I'm afraid I maybe did something wrong since my account isn't showing the check as cashed yet.

You won't get a title. All you get is a registration and plate. I sent mine certified mail with a return receipt so I knew when they got it. Not sure when they cashed the check but the first time they sent it back to me within a week when I had the wrong payment. They are pretty quick about it so you'll either get a plate back or an envelope with all your paperwork and a note telling you that something needs to be changed.

adventurco said:
You won't get a title. All you get is a registration and plate. I sent mine certified mail with a return receipt so I knew when they got it. Not sure when they cashed the check but the first time they sent it back to me within a week when I had the wrong payment. They are pretty quick about it so you'll either get a plate back or an envelope with all your paperwork and a note telling you that something needs to be changed.

Did your DMV give you a hard time whenever you took in that registration that they gave you and told you you wanted to transfer it to your states and recieve a title?
That's the part I'm a little shaky on.
Seems too good to be true.

I am just gonna run it on VT plates until someone gives me shit for it. I haven't gotten that far, the bikes not together yet

adventurco said:
I am just gonna run it on VT plates until someone gives me shit for it. I haven't gotten that far, the bikes not together yet
That's fair.
Whenever I get everything back I'll let you know what I run into when trying to get it transferred that way you will know what to do!
I just want to get a title back as soon as possible, otherwise yeah I'll just enjoy riding on the Vermont plates for a year!

I'm sure it varies from state to state how easily they will let you transfer plates. I was just going to say I had transferred the VT reg when I bought it. Since VT is a no title state there should really be no issue transferring the reg since you already have a registration for the bike in your name. I still don't think you will ever get a title even if you transfer to a title state, but I could be wrong. Keep us posted

Well, bad news, I slapped on my conversion bearings only to find out its just maybe 1/4th of an inch too short on the stem.
I'm so stinking close to being able to thread on the nut over the top bearing but not quite..
Suggestions?
Am I going to have to lengthen the stem?

The top nut torques on fine..

Tune-A-Fish said:
Is it a Steele stem? If yes cut it and extend it with a moly sleeve and chunk, your never doing the ton onit

I'm honestly unsure..
It's off a 2004 YZ85, I know you said you had a few, do you know?

Put a magnet on the bottom where the stem is pressed in or I will tomorrow. Even if it is aluminum, you can press it out and have the stop turned off and a new stop welded on the bottom. I'll explain if it's not steel but I'm fairly sure it is.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Put a magnet on the bottom where the stem is pressed in or I will tomorrow. Even if it is aluminum, you can press it out and have the stop turned off and a new stop welded on the bottom. I'll explain if it's not steel but I'm fairly sure it is.
I'll give it a look tomorrow!
Thanks tune.

Back
Top Bottom