Suzuki TS185 Left Turn Build

We have ourselves a steel stem, which is great.

I'll take it off and take it to a proffesional fabricator on Monday, I figured I would snap some pics of it all mocked up though for you.

I love the look it gives it.
bc76ec1e42ad7ca39b91a6713e103a4e.jpg

I'm thinking a small led tractor flood light for the front, but that's to be determined.

Once the front end is sorted out, and I find the stance I'm wanting, it will then get all of the wiring done.

Going to run minimal wiring on this one, as in Missouri you don't need turn signals, so I will be going with just the front and rear lighting, with the accent light hooked up on the foot brake.

The tank situation will be interesting.
Somewhere between body working it, and leaving it as is.
The dents almost give it some personality, I may leave the dents and sticker bomb the thing if it doesn't look stupid.

After all, it's just a little around town bike/bar hopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoRiders said:
Rattle can the tank one colour and then have the dents pinstriped ;)
That's an excellent suggestion, hehe.
I just wanna turn heads for under 500 bucks, if I can do that I'll be happy!

Anyone know a good thing to soak a dirty chain in?
This chain is NASTY

9f43c6277ec711a7b9a420f2d3823e78.jpg

I use pine-sol as a degreaser for a TON or parts. Works great after a day or so..my mixture is pretty diluted at this point but you can usually get a bottle for $3 or so, works great on aluminum parts too I soak my carbs bodies in there.

adventurco said:
I use pine-sol as a degreaser for a TON or parts. Works great after a day or so..my mixture is pretty diluted at this point but you can usually get a bottle for $3 or so, works great on aluminum parts too I soak my carbs bodies in there.
I'll toss it in some, let it soak and see.
I'm currently running some apple vinegar through the tank to see if I can't get some of the surface rust out before I line it.
I'll give the chain a go tomorrow!

Delivery!
I always wonder how they get these things here so quickly.
The packaging reaks of tobacco, they must ship an odd mix of things over together.. Lol.
44bf459b17df721737e1c1664a79d66c.jpg

Ignore my messing room, I live in a fraternity house so you can imagine how clean it is around here.

I got a nice little card board cut out made to see what we're working with.
It's looking like I'll probably go with a simple brat style seat, it seems to jive well with the tank.
I threw some random colors on it for the time being simply because I was sick of the paint dripped black paint job done to it. Lol.
f8d1d294a52f33c439f933d81be511cd.jpg
9634d4f0fbf8d216c627451788184442.jpg
91b5e046a2f1053bc9a462c70a0d2d57.jpg

Would it be cool or dumb if I adapted this to the stock pipe set up?
Chop and weld at the inlet and then run this?
I think it looks so much better with an expansion as opposed to the ugly stock pipe.
This is a yz85 expansion I had laying around that I need a use for.

c2a98b0fe1fb41330802935f83ad38dd.jpg
0775e4e1523abf03082c7f1713cf0538.jpg
ba7061db5471cf1843098e729e85d127.jpg

Today's day 10 since I sent out the Vermont title stuff and still nothing back, should I be worried?

CaferacerMO said:
Today's day 10 since I sent out the Vermont title stuff and still nothing back, should I be worried?

Nah, just call the Montpelier office. For me, they sent the tag, then forgot to send the registration. I had to call twice and remind them and then after the second time it came two days later. Unless the thing is stolen, everything you're doing is legit. They obviously know why people do this. But it's awesome because they don't care.

1sttimer said:
Nah, just call the Montpelier office. For me, they sent the tag, then forgot to send the registration. I had to call twice and remind them and then after the second time it came two days later. Unless the thing is stolen, everything you're doing is legit. They obviously know why people do this. But it's awesome because they don't care.

I gotcha.
I'll drop Em a line Monday.

Did another little light mock up.
Obviously the chamber will be a lot tighter to the frame.
Just trying to get an idea of where I want the muffler..
Thoughts?
I like the high and tight tracker style look to the frame. Just trying to decide if I like it within the triangle of the frame or if I should put it further back.
Obviously it'll be angled a bit to avoid oil shooting all over the shocks and discoloration.
144bf34831f56676e43d5ecdc3d9ccbe.jpg
7e5b1ebd30bf92be643a83b987e14d19.jpg

You should be fine with the VT stuff. When you call opt to not speak to an inmate so you actually get an RMV employee.

That chamber looks way too big for the bike IMO, doesn't look like it fits. If you do use it, I would ditch the muffler and have it taper off to something of a smaller diameter for the exit. Having 2 big elements seems to make the overall scale look a bit wacky to my eye.

IMG-1413277829.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

adventurco said:
You should be fine with the VT stuff. When you call opt to not speak to an inmate so you actually get an RMV employee.

Ha +1 I forgot about that.

CaferacerMO said:

Mine took 14 business days so roughly almost 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Tune-A-Fish said:
Is it a Steele stem? If yes cut it and extend it with a moly sleeve and chunk, your never doing the ton onit

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Would you be willing to do this for me if I sent you the length I want added and paid you for your service?
I'd pay shipping and return shipping as well.
No one in town that I know of will touch it.

CaferacerMO said:
Would it be cool or dumb if I adapted this to the stock pipe set up?
Chop and weld at the inlet and then run this?
I think it looks so much better with an expansion as opposed to the ugly stock pipe.
This is a yz85 expansion I had laying around that I need a use for.

c2a98b0fe1fb41330802935f83ad38dd.jpg
0775e4e1523abf03082c7f1713cf0538.jpg
ba7061db5471cf1843098e729e85d127.jpg

Don't carve my words in stone but I'm pretty sure that pipe is all wrong for your motor for a few reasons (being from a bike less than half the displacement of yours, and the fact that the pipe is designed to run inside the frame, which it won't do on your bike leaving it right in the way for example).

If it were me... I'd find a single used chamber (like a DG) from an RD350 or similar bike. Then weld up a headpipe to allow you to run the chamber up high like a scrambler.

Seriously... Second look... The heat coming off of that 85 pipe will be AWFUL.

VonYinzer said:
Don't carve my words in stone but I'm pretty sure that pipe is all wrong for your motor for a few reasons (being from a bike less than half the displacement of yours, and the fact that the pipe is designed to run inside the frame, which it won't do on your bike leaving it right in the way for example).

If it were me... I'd find a single used chamber (like a DG) from an RD350 or similar bike. Then weld up a headpipe to allow you to run the chamber up high like a scrambler.

Seriously... Second look... The heat coming off of that 85 pipe will be AWFUL.

Yeah I've actually been looking into the DG pipes.
But would it possible to run in low like it does on the RD because I also love that look.

If you can find one, Bassani used to make an aftermarket chamber for these bikes.

CaferacerMO said:
Would you be willing to do this for me if I sent you the length I want added and paid you for your service?
I'd pay shipping and return shipping as well.
No one in town that I know of will touch it.

Just PM me the what you need and we'll it done

Back
Top Bottom