Suzuki TS185 Left Turn Build

Awesome score. Have you ever ridden a 125? I'm 5'7" and a buck 60 and I've always wondered if a 125 would be sufficient for me. Never had a chance to ride one. I hear that the CR's and RM's haul even at small displacement. They can be had for cheap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1sttimer said:
Awesome score. Have you ever ridden a 125? I'm 5'7" and a buck 60 and I've always wondered if a 125 would be sufficient for me. Never had a chance to ride one. I hear that the CR's and RM's haul even at small displacement. They can be had for cheap too.

I have not!
But what I did notice is that this thing is huge, I'm 5"11 and it feels big even for me, which I never would of guessed since it's a 125.

CaferacerMO said:
Updates to come on the TS soon, finishing up the wiring this week and then will toss the wheels back on.

Once the wiring is done I will be able to finally take it for a test ride, then I will make the seat pan and start doing the foam work.

In the mean time I picked up a 2001 CR125 for 350 bucks.
Super clean, new tires, but is halfway put together and needs the top end and some gaskets put in it.
Mostly going through and fixing any of the PO's mistakes.
Mostly a laundry list of little things it needs (a gasket here and there, a bolt, fork seals, etc) should be a nice little woods bike.
bf34e09df9bd12046edd006cc1694b90.jpg

350. Wtf!!!!!

Still waiting on Vermont to send the registration stickers and paperwork..
I may call again here soon, they may have forgotten.
So far I have the plate.

I've been riding this baby in the meantime..
Just rode it 4 hours home yesterday.
a27ee59a9f4ad2ef62628fe1d54990cb.jpg

Look what came in.
So this has the sticker..
But what do I take to the DMV to transfer for an actual title?
859e210add5a5cc3f7d0ccaecf46fcb5.jpg

Let us know how it goes and what questions are asked. I've found that small DMVs out in the middle of nowhere are much more successful at all types of things.

I was just at the DMV for another reason, but I probed and asked them how I get an NC title if I have a motorcycle with a VT registration in my name? They asked how old the bike was, and I said 1992. Not sure why that matters. She said, "should be no problem at all. We will look in 'the book' when you bring it in to confirm that VT is a non-title state after X years and send you on your way. Title will show up in the mail."

1sttimer said:
I was just at the DMV for another reason, but I probed and asked them how I get an NC title if I have a motorcycle with a VT registration in my name? They asked how old the bike was, and I said 1992. Not sure why that matters. She said, "should be no problem at all. We will look in 'the book' when you bring it in to confirm that VT is a non-title state after X years and send you on your way. Title will show up in the mail."

Nice!
I'm going to try and get up there this week and see what I can make happen, I'll report back my experience as well!

Long time no see.

Here's where we're at with the build:

I checked on transferring the Vermont registration. I will indeed receive a title, although I have to get the bike inspected first.

The front end is working just fine although I believe I'll need to rebuild the front caliper. Also not a problem. BIG thanks to Tune-A-Fish on the help with triple tree fabrication.

Right now I'm mostly mocking up parts and seeing how I will run things. I still need to fabricate a seat pan so that I can begin the upholstery on that, as well as figure out if I can make the stock tank work. Once I figure out the lines I will send the frame to blasting. I really would like to powder coat the frame, although I do not know if budget will although, so I may just have to rattle can it. I am planning to keep the black, so it will probably be painted a gloss black.
a0e0ea20c7ebdd8e38b3ced1b5ee6d0f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom