Just Happy

jaymi608

I'm not really sure where to post this one. I just wanted to share my latest purchase. Last night I picked up 2 bikes with titles for $100. Not saying they are worth more but it will definitely give me something to do. First is a 1974 Yamaha TX500. Second is a 1980 Yamaha 650 Maxim.

I'm sure the TX500 project will fall under the tracker category when done. Who knows. Maybe the Maxim as well.
dda9c54e364c48e52aa5265598dbad87.jpg
7092e3b3cb520518111566e0ccc939a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

lostboy said:
Merry Christmas, and great find. What bags are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks and Merry Christmas! Not sure about the bags. Didn't really get a good look over yet. Matter of fact, they are still in the truck till probably Monday.

360 junkie said:
Thanks and Merry Christmas! Not sure about the bags. Didn't really get a good look over yet. Matter of fact, they are still in the truck till probably Monday.

lol I don't blame you one bit, enjoy your holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I was told about the bikes was that the TX spent the last 10 years of its life as an ice racer.

Nice Christmas present to yourself. The tiles are worth more than that just in terms of avoided cost to get one via Vermont or by some other means.

TZ500 ice racer is an interesting concept that would not have occurred to me. I'd be tempted to sell off the 500 to someone looking for good parts and a titled frame and use the cash to build something fun with the 650, but that's just me. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them and how they turn out. Great score.

Thanks everyone. As I'm reading up on the TX500 this last week, the parts are pretty scarce. I cant even find a hard copy of the service manual. Looked for the XS500 as well.

The seller couldn't tell me why the bike is out of commission as he was given it by a friend. There is no need to consider a resto as the bike is missing WAY to many parts and it would cost a fortune to go that route.

Teazer, my brain says that's the way to go. But my heart says build the TX. Have yet to find a pic of a good looking 650 Maxim. Could be a good challenge though. Plenty of time to plan it out as I don't have a heated garage here in Wisconsin.

Back
Top Bottom