All quiet on the home front ???

Sounds like you got it going on beachy :)

I built the CBX in my garage, at teh expense of the bug being out in the weather. But the Suzonda is up at my workshop and due to increased work commitments I'm struggling to find time/money to do anything.

I've got to the point where I should try and get the reg number/log book for the frame before going a step further with anything else.

Any clues please? I have the frame which I was told wasn't scrapped, but was dismantled.

NR,

you should be able to get confirmation of year of manufacture from the relevant club / manufacturer. Then it's a case of the DVLA playing ball. I've had mixed luck with that route.

As a back up, I'd consider a spare V5 / scrap frame ..... nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

I'd try and pick up another frame with a V5 Colin, put it in your name and just notify them of an engine change....probably a bit on the scarce side but there are a couple of breakers in Colchester (both on ebay can't recall their names) who have masses of 70's and 80's Jap stuff....I got a CB500T swingarm and wheel there a couple of months ago and when did you last see one of those?!!
TJ, pm sent re grimeca nut.....and thanks for what you said....though to be honest I always see bits I'm not happy with.....wish I'd made the tank a different shape for instance.....

Attachments

• 006 (8).JPG
    006 (8).JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 639
  • 016 (2).JPG
    016 (2).JPG
    131 KB · Views: 672
  • 010 (4).JPG
    010 (4).JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 669
Don't think the pm's are working TJ.....was trying to tell you I remembered leaving spindle and nut over at a friends who was going to machine me a bush for it but then I changed my mind and used the brake on the Triton so it wasn't needed....its still there but he's away at present....will pick it up and send to you once he's back......sorry!!

I really like that triple Rob! Still messing around on this thing

Attachments

• EACA33A5-339B-40AE-8D65-C3272CF9216F.jpeg
    EACA33A5-339B-40AE-8D65-C3272CF9216F.jpeg
    673 KB · Views: 249
1fasgsxr said:
:eek: ....and what is that thing Mark ?? I like it !!

MGB, but turning into a Replica one of these Sebrings

Attachments

• 6224C7FC-2743-4F4C-98B7-6663E0391968.jpeg
    6224C7FC-2743-4F4C-98B7-6663E0391968.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 253
Thanks Mark.....fairly pleased with it but on the back burner while I'm waiting for a rear disc to be made....converting to spoked wheels harder than I thought!
Are you sure thats an MG?....looks more like a Fiat to me!!!

Attachments

• 008 (6).JPG
    008 (6).JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 546
I’d be very tempted to put one of those together using your frame if ever I sold my Weslake. Yep, definitely not a Fiat :)

Its some way from being ready to sell as yet but eventually I'll be doing the same sort of thing as I've done with the Honda....selling a couple at cost to help with development....if you're ever interested Mark!
Don't know much about Sebrings but used to build NG kitcars so have taken a lot of B's apart!

So ......... first substantial snow of the year [ Redditch anyway ] - it's you REGULAR guys' inputs and posts that keep peeps like me going . ;) ;)

weather is well white to say the least ,good shed day methinks ....playing with a CBR ATM well its more of a duconda with 1098 complete front end all fitted ,flew in with bearing change only but top bearing had to be a one off ,just trying to juggle a 1098 single side in the rear ,now thats stretching the brain cells a bit but it should work with a bit of vinegar and brown paper LOL .

ive a lead on a MV f4 tail unit with sub frame if i can negotiate the right cash trying to do something a little different to the norm with this hypafighter ,pop a pic up as and when i can

miffa said:
weather is well white to say the least ,good shed day methinks ....playing with a CBR ATM well its more of a duconda with 1098 complete front end all fitted ,flew in with bearing change only but top bearing had to be a one off ,just trying to juggle a 1098 single side in the rear ,now thats stretching the brain cells a bit but it should work with a bit of vinegar and brown paper LOL .

ive a lead on a MV f4 tail unit with sub frame if i can negotiate the right cash trying to do something a little different to the norm with this hypafighter ,pop a pic up as and when i can

Come on you old tease ............................. PIX !!!!!

Finished this one yesterday. Now on it's way to Exeter.

Attachments

• 100_1450.JPG
    100_1450.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 520
  • 100_1452.JPG
    100_1452.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 519
Back
Top Bottom