www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 3DogNate's '05 H-D Sportster Scrambler build - AKA "Project Dual-Sportster"  (Read 5094 times)

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • "You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda"
New steering stem bolt.. the old one was fugly cause it was hidden before I switched risers.

My Nightster fender arrived today and I did a quick fitting and all is good. I might add a fender extension for more of that "ready for muddin'" look.

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Started laying out some options on chopping the rear fender down...

Ended up looking like this... I'll get the struts cut and make a decision on if I'm going to trim up the fender any more.

and yes.. my lift is a pig-sty...

Offline DBrevit

I thought you were building a scrambler, short short fenders in mud ?,

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I thought you were building a scrambler, short short fenders in mud ?,
Itís still extended past the axle a wee bit... should be plenty good enough for all but extreme riding which will never happen... not like weíve got dunes or mountains to play on here in central Illinois.  I donít expect a big old mud streak up my back as it sits. What Iím thinking about for my tail light and license plate might end up extending the mud catcher a little bit anyway. If it doesn't work well I can weld the struts back on and put a full fender back on it... I'm my own paint guy... the expense would be negligible.

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I did a test fit of the air cleaner today... It's a Chinese cleaner off Ebay, but I swear the machining is as good as any out there... The fit is good and at $30 shipped it's ridiculous that they can even do it at slave labor costs.... I'll powder coat it to match the rest a little later when I'm doing the engine covers. It'll do nicely.

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I managed to drag myself out to the garage and make up a custom length brake line... I love these BYO Brake line fixtures from Magnum.

Here's a profile pic with the tank sat upon it.

Offline Pete12

I managed to drag myself out to the garage and make up a custom length brake line... I love these BYO Brake line fixtures from Magnum.

Wow, I'd never heard of this company, thanks for the tip. I'm going to order some for my 450.
Your bike is coming along really well, btw.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Wow, I'd never heard of this company, thanks for the tip. I'm going to order some for my 450.
Your bike is coming along really well, btw.

I built the brake line for Rachels CB400a - custom lengths and fittings sold individually from 4into1.com.
And yes Nate she's really shaping up to be something awesome.
Did you buy spokes and hoops from your wheel builder?  Id like to put shouldered hoops on the Cherry Bomb.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2017, 18:05:39 by trek97 »

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
Looking good.
Do you have enough suspension travel to warrant that fender? It is really going to limit your options for a good looking seat. I assume you lifted the rear, could you lower the fender by a few inches?

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Looking good.
Do you have enough suspension travel to warrant that fender? It is really going to limit your options for a good looking seat. I assume you lifted the rear, could you lower the fender by a few inches?

It's a stock Nightster/48 style fender that I cut down and mounted stock style so it's not weirdly proportioned. The shocks are 15" Burly Stilettos (2" longer than stock)... so there's additional travel over stock... I'll not know what kind of pre-load I'll have on the rear until I ride it.

There are plenty of seats that'll look great on here..
Roland Sands Boss solo

Roland Sands Enzo Solo (1st choice at the moment.)

Biltwell Speedway

Mustang Tripper

Saddlemen Knuckle Solo