Petition - John Surtees

lancepar

Hi,
If you aint already seen this, have a look now.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/sirjohnsurtees

Pass it on.
8)

Two years ago I mentioned that I thought he already was knighted.
Well deserved, and well overdue.
Done ;)

Long, long overdue. Too bad he isn't a gay pop singer. He'd have been knighted years ago,

What Hoof said with bells on ........ whenyou think of all the wankers that have been knighted - and some subsequently found to be kiddyfiddlers or worse.

There was a documentary last week about Sir John Surtees - took part in a car race and two bike races on the same day [ albeit - the same circuit ].

I had the pleasure of meeting him socially on a couple of occasions - one time the Innes Ireland Memorial Rally where we [ RAM ] loaned him a D Type [ rep ] to drive on the event. Thoroughly nice bloke with absolutely no airs and graces - and actually - a true petrolhead ! I spent over an hour with him going over the D Type rep he was to drive which he showed a genuine interest in.

Long overdue ..... and obviously signed. 8)

I signed ages ago. ;D

I read an interview with George Barber, where he explained how instrumental John Surtees was in designing/building the race-track and museum and collection at Barber.

Watching him ride "his" MV at speed on the track, a few years ago, I was in awe at how fast he still is. 8)

Well the man is a super hero of sorts that I'll give him and toast a full glass of Old Mill... but titles are are not American so I don't see the point from where I stand.

A knighthood is to honor a person for their work. We do it here T-A-F. The medal of freedom etc. Right down to the important title of Oscar winner. Or the even more important "Bike of the Month" award. Surtees is still the only man to win world championships with a bike and a car.

Hoofhearted said:
A knighthood is to honor a person for their work. We do it here T-A-F. The medal of freedom etc. Right down to the important title of Oscar winner. Or the even more important "Bike of the Month" award. Surtees is still the only man to win world championships with a bike and a car.

Huh, I thought Knighthood was a title like King or Queen and Esquire kind of thing? Well if I am wrong, I will apologize and give the man my vote then.

Back
Top Bottom