Holy mother of gawd! I'm getting one!

AzHonda

Coast to Coast
2015 Ducati Scrambler. Iv'e been waiting for a bike like this to be built. The "classic" model they are going to be offering is right up my alley. Selling my TX500 and KZ650 to help fund it. Looks like the bikes (4 models) are right around $8500-$9500.

http://scramblerducati.com/en

Cool! should be fun! I also had a 74 tx500 in the late 70's. It was just like new. Gave 800 bucks for it I used to do 110 on a regular basis lol

BTW I don't think green bikes are bad luck! Luck of the Irish I always say lol

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 491
Something about that bike makes me want to say the hell with those old bikes and buy new.

Clem... That's what I did... Saving one old cb350. Dumping the rest and I can say it's an eye opener... As much as I love the old ones they really can let you down when you just want ride. Beware though, Ducati is not known for being a bullet proof bike, or friendly about warranty claims if you have been tinkering at all on the bike.

Yeah they're not bullet proof but I personally haven't had any problems with warranty issues at all. You can also consider a extended warranty. Ducatis are not for everyone though!

Do it yourself Valve adjustments are a real pain. My buddy has a Ducati ST3s. He isn't handy, so I helped in replace the timing belts and adjust valves. The valves use shims, so you have to take out, measure, then get replacements. Unless you have a shop with a complete relacement set, you order the size you need, or pick up them up at the dealer....Not like the old Hondas with screw and locknut, or eccentric adjusters. The upper cylinder is a real pain. Unlike most bikes, there is 2 adjustments per valve, the opening rocker and the closing. So the twin is like adjusting a 4 cylinder without the desmodromic valve setup.

mydlyfkryzis said:
Do it yourself Valve adjustments are a real pain. My buddy has a Ducati ST3s. He isn't handy, so I helped in replace the timing belts and adjust valves. The valves use shims, so you have to take out, measure, then get replacements. Unless you have a shop with a complete relacement set, you order the size you need, or pick up them up at the dealer....Not like the old Hondas with screw and locknut, or eccentric adjusters. The upper cylinder is a real pain. Unlike most bikes, there is 2 adjustments per valve, the opening rocker and the closing. So the twin is like adjusting a 4 cylinder without the desmodromic valve setup.

My KZ has shim valves. It helps to have alot of friends and meet up for a shim swap. I had an S2R1000 and I learned to adjust valves via youtube, some good vids on there.

The Duc is a pita though...You have 2 shims per valve, the open shim and the close shim. Since he has 3 valves per cylinder, 12 shims for a twin. the close shim is on the same valve stem as the open, so you have to remove the valve keepers....It has to be the hardest valve adjustment, as far a s access and complexity....The valve box is real tight too....

Ellwood said:
Clem... That's what I did... Saving one old cb350. Dumping the rest and I can say it's an eye opener... As much as I love the old ones they really can let you down when you just want ride. Beware though, Ducati is not known for being a bullet proof bike, or friendly about warranty claims if you have been tinkering at all on the bike.

My thoughts exactly. I am thinking of keeping my 74 TX500 and having the scrambler. Something in me just needs to have a new bike but up until now I have not found anything I liked. The new Honda cb1100 is cool but not classic looking enough for me. A New Yamaha SR500 is cool but I want more cc's. This new scrambler looks like something I have been wanting to build if I was to buy an old Honda xl500 or some other old dirt bike that was street legal.

Back
Top Bottom