cb550 022a carburetor

dwmccudden

Just bought a spare set of carburetors recently and tore them apart to clean and rebuild. Carb #1 throttle shaft had a felt seal, however none of the others had a felt seal. I don't see a felt seal in the parts diagram. Anyone else come across this? Am I missing felt seals for the other carburetors or is #1 the only one to have it?

My bike came with the same carbs and had a hodgepodge of gaskets for the top covers and float bowls. They should all have a felt top cover gasket.
I've seen them available individually on ebay, but alternatively, if you're replacing all the gaskets, the gasket set with part number 16010-323-315 should do.

I have purchased four of those kits and they came with all the stuff I was expecting, O-rings and cover gasket. But none of the kits came with this felt seal/o-ring that I had unexpectedly pulled out with the throttle lever shaft. I'll try to post a picture of a similar one from the internet. I do notice that each repack kit does have 2 extra large O-rings when all said and done. I assume those a for the fuel cross over pipe in between the carburetor incase you are just servicing one carburetor.

Attachments

• felt.jpg
    felt.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 379
Sorry for misinterpreting. Yeah, I remember seeing a few of those when I tore my carbs apart. I went through the pictures I took during the tear down, but I don't have any with the throttle shafts removed. I think there was one on each, but couldn't say definitively... Mike Nixon/The Motorcycle Project sells 10mm felt throttle shaft seals for sohc4's in pairs (http://www.motorcycleproject.com/index.html).

That sounds right for the leftover o-rings, as each of the 2 tees needs 2 per carb.

Back
Top Bottom