Cam bearings, wrong or not?

Hi guys!

My Cb 400 F engine is apart, and I have used plastigage on all 5 bearings, and they are within specification (I have misplaced the paper where i wrote it on, so maybe ill do another check, but i definitely remember that they where all within spec.)

On my crankcase its say BBBCC, but all 10 of my bearings that came from the engine are stamped with D6I-A STD.

So what do you guys think, refit them and drive on, since everything is within spec, or should I buy new ones that match what the engine case tells me?

And also, what bearings are D6I-A STD - AA, A, B, C or D? (There are no colours on any of them)

Okay so I just saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrFK8x-DUVY from Hackaweek, where he explains everything a bit further. I understand now that I will have take a look on my crank and find the numbers one there, and also try and find a selection table for bearing on my CB 400.

But if anyone knows what size (or colour) the bearings that I took out of the engine are, I would very much appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom