CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Re: CB360 Hear No Evil & Speak No Evil- New pics -sorta finished one

Here's the finished article :eek:
CB360-hiding-2.jpg

Went to Meet-up meeting, let one of the guys with 360 take it 'round the block' ;D
He was pretty impressed with extra power a 2mm overbore gives and, it isn't as uncomfortable as it looks 8)
Then, couple of us went for a ride, 61.2 total miles
Exactly as expected, doesn't work too well until around 65mph.and, at 70 things smooth out real well and the wind provides enough 'lift' to make life comfortable. ;)
Vibrates like crazy at 55 in top gear (6th) so 4th is a better option ::)
didn't get flat out, buffeting from headlight/helmet was causing double vision at 97? (probably a bit of a headwind, felt like 150? ;D )
Anyway, here's what I found after first ride.
1. in top gear, vibration at 55 sucks
2. Seat is way more comfortable than it looks
3. Angle of bars is wrong for me, need swinging back and tilting down at steeper angle (I though it would be an issue)
4. Brake pedal needs finishing off and top edge needs rounding
5. Drive chain needs adjusting (new chain, bedded in a bit ;) )
6. Really REALLY need better tyres,very easy to go almost 3 times posted limit on a few curves (posted limit is unrealistically low for radius of turn) didn't slide or anything, just could have gone round 4~5 times posted limit with better grip (maybe I should keep the old, hard tyres? slows me down a bit ;D )

When we got back I let Brendon take it 'round the block'
CafeBrendon-1.jpg

Exhaust sounds really good, reminds me of a 500 Triumph, even at high rpm (you don't really 'hear' exhaust until someone else rides it)
He was very surprised with power compared to his 360 8) also, now thinks rear-sets aint such a bad idea ;D

Motor has done a couple of dyno runs but it's the first 'real' mileage, compression is getting better as rings bed in properly, I think it's going to be a quick little motor, stock carbs and all.
I'll pull plugs later and see how far out overall carburation is, I know it's slightly lean at idle but I haven't adjusted mixture screws yet
Given me a hell of an incentive to get the 'race' motor finished and built

Nice looking scoot PJ, glad to hear it's up and rippin' round!
How's the claw in all this? Any headway?

saweet!

damn, 97 is pretty quick on a fresh motor with a headwind! absolutely love this bike... its look dont show its ability. bit of a sleeper.

had a great ride today, kinda weird though PJ was pretty much behind me the entire day... Getting a big head , thinking my bike is just as fast as his 380?? nah! All hype, and then I got humbled like a bird shitting on my head! His bike is definitely above mine, after riding it and thinking holy sh$# this things fast (and that was at half throttle :eek: )

....I now need to do more work to mine, which will probably piss PJ off because he will be the one helping me ;D ;D ;D , LOL

Next up LEDs, CAFE Seat, new bars, carb overhaul, etc... Cant wait!!! 8)

Didn't take any video this week.
I still have over an hour from ride to Cocoa Beach two weeks ago from Mods&Rockers.
I'm going to have to learn how to edit out the really boring bits ;D
Something I forgot to mention earlier, seat needs moving forward a bit and looks pretty bad up close (but I did make it in a heck of rush, my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;) )
Found out why wiring was all over the place, cat thinks its a play toy (real funny to watch)
There is a local road with a really good series of bends strung together, problem is, unmarked police cars patrol it.
Really only know because it was chasing someone in the opposite direction this afternoon with ALL the flashing lights going mad 8)
Maybe I'll do both directions a few of times?

wheres the fun in that? get some fresh tires on her and outrun them ;)

Sounds like a great bike. Was this the bike with the increased compression as well?

Yep, skimmed head and block.
It's actually pretty hard to kick over so compression is well up there ;)
I pulled plugs this morning, looks just about perfect, milky coffee coloured, ground strap and porcelain all the way to base.
Will have to do a full throttle test but I think it's going to be good.
Who said stock carbs don't work? 8)
I guess air correctors I made are just about right
I'll try and get a pic in next few days

What jets are you running, pj? About 125 or so?

crazypj said:
Didn't take any video this week.
I still have over an hour from ride to Cocoa Beach two weeks ago from Mods&Rockers.
I'm going to have to learn how to edit out the really boring bits ;D

Damn, I went to that show with my pops. Would have been nice to put a face to an internet persona, eh?

Sonreir said:
What jets are you running, pj? About 125 or so?

112.5 Kei-Hin small round
SonreirI has bright yellow polo shirt on, couldn't miss me ;D

Re: CB360's - 1974 & 1975 - Hear No Evil & Speak No Evil- yep, there's two of them

I just started looking at your build, Looks great! Where did you find your indicator lights. I was thinking about doing something similar with my dash. thanks!
OK, this is part of the reason bike didn't get finished on time, spent too long making and modifying stuff

11mm bore dirtbike master cyl

Made a banjo bolt from Stainless steel Allen, drilled some cross holes for lockwire and tapered top (and I made braided line)
CB378frontbrake.jpg

'New' ignition switch, LED neutral and High beam warning, LED left/right indicator lights
CB378newdash.jpg

Expensive April! this is 4 of the 5 bikes, didn;t have to do truck as we did a 2 yr tag last year (next year will be VERY expensive) :eek:
ExpensiveApril-2011.jpg

Indicators from eBay, $19.95 a pair plus shipping.
'Dash' was a piece of 2" aluminium angle, cut and drilled. If I could have found a small piece of 3" I would have 'filled in' the gap at 'back'
Next April is going to be crazy expensive, even more than I thought.
My wife put Firebird in MY name so it will be 4~5 bikes, pickup and car :eek:

Have you by chance measured your static compression? You mention it being somewhat difficult to kick over....
My 550cc 450/500T hybrid will be sitting at 11.2 to 1 and I've wondered what that'll do to the kicker effort. The electric leg on these engines seems to be pretty dodgy too, I'd feel kinda dumb having to do a 3rd gear GP start every time I need to move it under it's own power....

I did measure volumes but then I swapped a few things around and lost list (probably some where real safe ;) )
Went to Dime City grand opening yesterday, 3 bikes in back of a Mazda B2300 was a bit of a tight fit.
Took a lot of pics, will probably put some up in 'the lounge' section
Pulled tyres off alloy rims and fitted them to stock rims (not ready to fit drum front end into bike yet, it really for the second one, when I get frame painted)
Steering very 'light'/'twitchy' with 90/90 front and 110/90 rear on 1.6 and 1.85 rim.
May drop pressure slightly and see if it makes a difference?
Did about 50 miles this afternoon, got a 1 min vid of the only series of bends in 10 miles of Orlando (actually have a couple but this is reasonable time)
Accidentally switched camera off going the other direction which kinda sucks as it was a 'better' run through .
Hell of a lot of fun though ;D
Orlando Fl.-curvey bits

Back
Top Bottom