1977 Suzuki TS-250

Nice, I found some 3M industrial velcro at crappy tire and used it for my pad and to mount the seat to the frame as I had to nice flat spots. It worked great until I pulled the seat at like -20 and the adhesive let go instead of the velcro. I have to use some epoxy and re-stick it and hope that makes it permanent. But it held for the rtiding season without and shifting etc.

The seat looks amazing, going to look nice! Like Maritime said the sanded fins make a huge difference.

HerrDeacon said:
The seat looks amazing, going to look nice! Like Maritime said the sanded fins make a huge difference.

Yeah the fins look better, but they're a little beat from wear - it is a 1977 enduro afterall. Stock the motor was black and sanded too.

Still a lot of work to do on this bike before it's "Nice" but I'm looking forward to riding it half-built in the meantime.

Finally got time to test fit some parts on the bike...

e40bfde9.jpg

56540979.jpg

The seat needs to be bolted to teh frame, but it's OK to use velcro to hold on the seat pad.

Is there any way to tuck the pipe in slightly so the muffler is partially obscured by the side of the seat and have the muffler poking out from under the seat like an MHR Ducat
i

Yeah I have plans for brackets to attach the seat and velcro for the pad.

The pipe I'm not sure about yet... I don't think it's possible to tuck it closer to the frame.

I'd like to get a shorter can but I don't want to mess with the exhaust too much. There is another cover that goes on the back portion of the exhaust, body colored. So it should look better once that is painted and installed.

Small update:
I'm finally back in Newfoundland (i.e. I have a real garage to work in).

Here is the bike in her new home:

d605ffd2.jpg

310450ac.jpg

Awesome vintage grips:

222611b6.jpg

Aaaaaand the big plans:

0acdb5ce.jpg

The above forks have to be rebuilt (2 leaky seals) and I need a hub, triple trees and brakes from a YZ250.

The forks are about 5" longer than the stockers. My plan is to install 1" shorter springs in front, reduce the rim from 21" to 17" (2" height), and to stick the forks up through the triple 1".

I'm sticking with the rear 18, getting 1-2" longer shocks for the rear. That should put the bike fairly level all around.

Got the bike registered in my name and insured for the road.

14dcaaf3-1.jpg

Gotta love the fact that it didn't need to be inspected...
Hand signals it is.

If anything now that's some motivation to get the thing off the bike stand and terrorize the neighborhood!

L4NE4 said:
dude i love this bike!

Thanks man, me too! LoL

Decided to see if my paint idea will look any good...

Paint.jpg

What do you all think?

For the empty space behind the blue lines I'm hoping to have a cartoon animal skull and crossbones... If not just a big Suzuki "S" or something...

Yeah I like it. if your going to stick with the original theme. what speedo are you going to use?

L4NE4 said:
Yeah I like it. if your going to stick with the original theme. what speedo are you going to use?

Yeah I want it to look like Suzuki made it.

As far as the Speedo I was planning on getting a mini Speedo and Tach like the ones at mikesxs.com or something similar.

Could end up getting a digital speedo and not bother with a tach but that is a last resort.

Evan, when you bought this bike, did it have registration? I'd like to pick up an old dirt bike like yours but I'm sure most of the old ones around the island probably haven't seen the road in years and don't have registration. Wondering how Motor Registration handles transferring the ownership without it.

Looking good BTW, like that paint concept.

Ease, that is one sharp looking plate, or did you change it just for the post? It's cool anyway. Glad to see you are getting some stuff done. I like the idea of making it look like a factory special.

Cheers,

Maritime

HerrDeacon said:
Evan, when you bought this bike, did it have registration? I'd like to pick up an old dirt bike like yours but I'm sure most of the old ones around the island probably haven't seen the road in years and don't have registration. Wondering how Motor Registration handles transferring the ownership without it.

Looking good BTW, like that paint concept.
Thanks Perry, I'll have to bring it over and check out your new bike too... er one of your new bikes??
If I decide to paint it with spray bombs I'll be checking your build page and picking your brain.

As far as the registration, the guy I bought it off hadn't registered it but kept the registration from the PO. I just had to submit the bill of sale from me and the PO along with the registration.

As far as I know if the bike hasn't been registered for a certain amount of time you can register it with a bill of sale alone...
If you want a tip from me I'd say call one of the MVR's in a smaller community somewhere in the province. I did that for my truck to change some stuff and they were willing to do a lot over phone and fax that Mount Pearl wouldn't... and the people are bound to be less crabby. ;)

Maritime said:
Ease, that is one sharp looking plate, or did you change it just for the post? It's cool anyway. Glad to see you are getting some stuff done. I like the idea of making it look like a factory special.

Cheers,

Maritime
I just blurred the letters, the plate just has the Newfoundland and Labrador logo and blue lettering, nothing super special.

I liked the swirl effect so I had some fun with different sizes and rotations. lol...

The province recently switched to the smaller motorcycle licence plates from the old style:
(Wasn't as careful with the swirl this time)
ddf8f39a.jpg

Is it sad that I was excited when I heard about this?? :-\ ...I may go get a new plate for my cafe just because...

I noticed that the stripe colors were upside down in the photo I did earlier, so here is my second attempt at the paint... Same idea just switched the order.

Paint-Full.png

Good tips, I didn't even realize there were MVR's outside of the one in MP, just thought there was the one, shows how much of a townie I am. :)

Back
Top Bottom