74 CB360 City Bike

I picked up a few bits from the coater on Friday. I dropped the stuff off on Thursday. Go figure.

Tool box. I was gonna ditch this, but I decided it would be a good place to keep my Chinese finger trap.
46bd4ad9-ccd8-ce3e.jpg

Front and Rear footrests. I love reassembling small parts like these. Probably won't use the rears, but they're there if I need them.
46bd4ad9-ccc7-c9f6.jpg

Tool box is a good place to keep your smokes too... Or a small flask... :-X

Just make sure the little fuker closes, they have really bad habit of popping open you don't want them too.

Killer bike man! Way to do it right- that powder looks tough!

Can't wait to see more.

You going to blast the motor? Soda should leave a nice even finish...

frogman said:
Tool box is a good place to keep your smokes too... Or a small flask... :-X

Just make sure the little fuker closes, they have really bad habit of popping open you don't want them too.

When? Like when youre getting pulled over for smoking while riding and the toolbox pops open and the sun reflects off the metal flask and blinds the cop. What seems to be the officer, problem?

I know what you mean though, I could stash some misc. must haves in there. Like my GF's lipgloss. Or a light saber. Or a cowbell.

samsquantch said:
Killer bike man! Way to do it right- that powder looks tough!

Can't wait to see more.

You going to blast the motor? Soda should leave a nice even finish...

I appreciate that. I'm trying to keep the progress rolling.

If you or anyone else wants to educate me on soda blasting, I'd listen.
Can it be done on a fully assembled engine?
Is it a typical do it yourselfer? (Im not the type to sand blast my own stuff)
Cost? Equipment?

My tool will rattle open sometimes while I'm flying down the back country roads around here and some how I can still manage to hear the tools spill out and go bouncing off into the ditch. Never to be seen again. ::)

Soda blasting is as simple as getting the blast rig together and bunch of baking soda and going to town. Because the stuff dissolves in water, clean up is easy and fairly environmentally friendly so you can do it on the front lawn with no ill effects.

You can make a rig like this ... http://www.aircooledtech.com/tools-on-the-cheap/soda_blaster/

OR you can buy one like this ... http://www.harborfreight.com/21-oz-hopper-gravity-feed-spot-blaster-gun-95793.html

The smaller the orifice/nozzle the less air and material you will use and the smaller and more precise the blasted area will be. The biggest trade off is the dust the stuff makes so use dust masks, soda doesn't taste good or feel good in your nose or down your throat. Depending on your air compressor, you should be able to run each for a decent amount of time before you have to let it rest.

Go ahead and blast the entire engine. Just cram newspaper or some sort of plug in all the holes and go to town. The stuff will dissolve into most liquids with no bad effects, so if some does get in, it will just dissolve and be washed out with an oil change.

Cost wise, don't spend more than $20 on the gun and hunt the dollar stores for the soda, I bought 6-1 lb boxes last time around for 7 bucks. The stuff is handy to have anyway as it makes for good acid clean up.

TULSA in the house! check out my build thread.....I just built a media blaster box and any fellow builder is welcome to it
sandblaster.jpg

where in tulsa do you live?

DashGordan said:
This is what I'm working with after a good productive weekend of work. I'm pretty stoked about how it's coming together.
IMAGE_E3207AEF-318E-4764-A147-082F1B9DDD66.JPG

What a great feeling to have two wheels actually serving a purpose and not just looking pretty in my living room.

gotta love the old school orange.. LOL
Looks great. It's turning into a fun looking little lane splitter .. I'm going to follow this build. ;-)

Frogman, looks like you just planned my weekend for me. Assuming my engine seals come in the mail by then. Seriously,thanks for all that helpful info. Can't wait to tackle this.

freerideordie said:
TULSA in the house! check out my build thread.....I just built a media blaster box and any fellow builder is welcome to it
sandblaster.jpg

where in tulsa do you live?

I knew I couldn't be the only Tulsan in this place! I live down here in mayo meadow. Just south of the golden driller. What's your locale?

Btw, that cabinet is top notch by the looks of it. Well done. I'm gonna go look at your build now. I'll be right back.

RustyOlive said:
gotta love the old school orange.. LOL
Looks great. It's turning into a fun looking little lane splitter .. I'm going to follow this build. ;-)

Actually, This is the only time, next to push pops, that orange has looked good to me. Sadly, the paint quality looks good in this shot, but it's actually pretty terrible in person. As of right now, my color scheme is Cream tank with brown seat and grips. Engine will be all naturale. Thanks, and Glad to have you on deck.

DashGordan said:
Actually, This is the only time, next to push pops, that orange has looked good to me. Sadly, the paint quality looks good in this shot, but it's actually pretty terrible in person. As of right now, my color scheme is Cream tank with brown seat and grips. Engine will be all naturale. Thanks, and Glad to have you on deck.

OOH! those colors sound nice too.. =)
what? you don't like creamsicles? orange goodness on the out side.. vanilla ice cream on the inside... mmmm.. good.. HAHHAHAHAHA
then again, if theres white cream inside your tank. might not be a good thing.. LOL

freerideordie said:
Live about 2 miles from you, 27th & Darlington. Send me A PM if you wanna meet up/ discuss bikes etc..
I live at 27th and Richmond. Forget the PM, I'll just grab a couple red solo cups and some string.

RustyOlive said:
OOH! those colors sound nice too.. =)
what? you don't like creamsicles? orange goodness on the out side.. vanilla ice cream on the inside... mmmm.. good.. HAHHAHAHAHA
then again, if theres white cream inside your tank. might not be a good thing.. LOL
Haha. Now that you mention it, the PO was a computer nerd living in his moms basement. Sometimes spare socks are hard to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DashGordan said:
Haha. Now that you mention it, the PO was a computer nerd living in his moms basement. Sometimes spare socks are hard to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAHAHAHA!! I just laughed out loud at work! Hahaha

DashGordan said:
Frogman, looks like you just planned my weekend for me. Assuming my engine seals come in the mail by then. Seriously,thanks for all that helpful info. Can't wait to tackle this.

I wish I had some before and after pictures of my cylinders, they cleaned up so nice I almost left them in factory paint that was still pretty much there. Went through an entire box of soda, and covered a good chunk of my back yard in white dust. ;D Wife came out and said it looked like I was just spraying it around for the hell of it. :eek: ::) It would be awesome to do in a cabinet, if freerideordie will let you borrow his DO EIT. ;)

I still have my head for my 450 engine to do then its all pretty much back together after paint. I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom