Emgo Rear Shocks

strangedaze39

I recently picked up some Emgo rear shocks for my CB350F. I grabbed them from cycle recycle (online store). There shipping was priced amazingly fair, and product arrive quickly.

Pro's:
-They look great (black on black)
-The ride is 100% better it's really amazing how much this improves the ride of the bike. Before it seemed like you could feel every crack in the rode, and a bump with bounce you like a pogo stick. These shocks totally cleaned up the ride and made it much smoother :)
-I was worried the build quality wouldn't be the greatest since they were only $90 but they have 0 plastic and a thick powder coat, no problems with them yet (200 miles)

Cons:
-If your short or like a low riding bike these will raise the ride height about 3/4", I'm assuming this is a direct result of my stock shocks being totally "deflated" and sagging the ride height. So this might not affect all cases.
-The stock bushings, are a tight squeeze. I bored mine out a couple mm's but if you have the right equipment you probably won't need to bore them.

Total Costs: $98 shipped.
Value: 10/10
Quality: 9/10
Install difficulty: Moderate, it helps to have some good strength and the right tools (dremel, bushing grease)
Overall Satisfaction: 9/10

Just about every EMGO product I've bought to date has been complete shit...or they cut corners on little things that affected the entire product.

For example, my EMGO headlight ears look good...but the bolt they included with them is about an inch longer than it needs to be and it rusted up after one week. My friend had the same problem. Minor, I'll just change the bolt, but why would they skimp on that?

I really hope these shocks are not like that...cause I need a set too. Def let me know how they work out in a week from now.

EMGO; EMilio GOmez. Really. I got a tail light that melted the red lens and had to replace the whole unit.
It will be interesting to see how the shocks are...

BTW- I didn't know they made stuff like that. Where did you find the shocks?

EMGO makes a lot of different motorcycle bits - we get a lot of their mirrors at the shop, they cost less than half of the Honda originals and are either exact copies (faired sportbikes) or very nice quality bar mounts. Their oil filters have done well, we used them a lot when I worked at the Ducati shop. Yeah, some of their stuff can be spotty, but for the most part I've heard very few complaints about the gear.

I just bought the same set of shocks from cycle recycle on the weekend, Im crossing my fingers that I get a similarly positive experience when I get them on my CB360

THE_SHRUB said:
I just bought the same set of shocks from cycle recycle on the weekend, Im crossing my fingers that I get a similarly positive experience when I get them on my CB360

Care to comment on your experience with these after 2 years of use? I'm looking for something for my CB400F.

Which emgos shocks are you reviewing.

I've been looking at these. Found a few old topics about them on the interweb. Some people said they are stiff as a board and your ass will take a pounding.

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/12-5-inch-black-eye-to-clevis-rear-motorcycle-shock-absorbers.html

Back
Top Bottom