The Triton/ Norbstar/ Featherbed Special thread

Speedfiend

Coast to Coast
I've noticed that there are a few Triton owners /builders round here, and even a Weslake Special owner. I thought we might get a pic thread going with some cool featherbed based specials. I'll start, heres mine;
dadstriton004.jpg

dadstriton002.jpg

JULY17-1-1.png

And heres my next one;
Popstriton004.jpg

NICE - I was tempted today by a Craigslist posting for a 1956 Dominator 99 for $2600. Missing seat and handlebars (no pics seen).

I don't know the old Nortons so wasn't sure if this was a good deal or not, but seemed reasonable for a wideline featherbed Norton.

Tritons were the inspiration for my XS650 build. I've always wanted a tank strap with the holes cut in it - did you make yours?

Wow thats a great looking bike. I love the idea but have always thought the tritons sit too high but yours is spot on. Love it

Thanks guys. Yeh, I made the tank strap. I burnt up 3 stepped hole-enlargers drilling the stainless.
Heres another interesting one. A Norial 4

BarberVintageFest09004-1.jpg

I've got a solid stainless strap on my XS. Won't be drilling any holes in it just yet I don't think ;)

The Ariel square 4 in the featherbed frame is pretty wild. That's a pretty valuable combination :eek:

This is my wanna-be

XS650Project20090417012.jpg

This was my "penniless" Triton I built in the 60s during my rocker days in Ireland. I call it "penniless" because most of the parts including the engine were traded for. Had maybe $125 in it. A few years ago a friend over there said he saw it at a rally. Good to know its still in the land of the living.

img006hb7.jpg

By weslake at 2007-03-25

It got sold when I built this. A Manx for the road.

picture056q.jpg

By weslake at 2009-10-28

Which over the years became this. Its current Weslake powered guise.

img0798xz3.jpg

By weslake, shot with Canon PowerShot A430 at 2008-07-19

Back
Top Bottom