Throttle and levers

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I'm working on a little 250cc cafe' racer (pics and build thread to come soon). It has drum brakes and a single throttle cable. I will only be running a headlight and tail/brake light, so I won't need the stock controls.

What are my options for perches for the clutch and brake cables? What about a throttle/sleeve? I've seen stripped down stuff like this before on Street Trackers, etc. What do I search for? How do I track these down?

Also, who makes 33mm clip ons? Or can I make my own?

Click on the "Dime City Cycles" add up top there. They have almost everything you need, fantastic service, great prices and quick shipping!

BTW, If they don't have it, they can find and get it.

On my little cb project, I wanted the same simple looking controls. Used Magura perches and levers, a throttle from a late '60's honda(no elec start button or switches), and a universal switch from an atv, which is a light switch and push button. Don't know if this will help
Kev

OK, between Dime City and ebay I've found a plethora of perches. But what about a brake switch?
Man of the brake perches don't have a switch/switch mount to turn on the brake light. How are they activating the brake light when applying the front brake?
Or are they just using the rear brake switch?

Older bikes are generally rear-brake only. I believe that it wasn;t mandatory for a front-actuation until post-'84 in most countries. Obviously this may differ.

Generally, though, if it came like that stock then you will be fine to run it that way.

Cheers - boingk

Uncle Ernie said:
Dirt bike stuff?

Dirt bike perches are nice and clean and you can get them in a variety of anodized colors too! I have some nice ones here off of a XR100R that I really like!

Back
Top Bottom