$10.38 cent Cafe Racer Build (yea thats right $10.38 and yes its possible!)

The thing is I see soooo many bikes that you could get for little to nothing that have soooo much potential. But everyone is looking for that Holy Grail Ducati, Vincent, or pan head that sooooo many other bikes get over looked. Even I was like what is this piece of junk when I saw this bike. I had to push all the pieces of this bike to the corner of my shop with a broom thats how bad this thing was! BUT I told myself this thing ran once before and I can get it to run again! This little experiment became one of my best most reliable bikes I had ever ridden. I come across a lot of people that would like to ride a bike but get intimidated to much by all the bullshit that the TV shows and the motorcycle industry try's to shove down everyone's throat. The truth is you CAN have a cool bike that is safe and reliable that you CAN buy right now for no more than what a single monthly car payment would cost.

You do realize 99% of the bikes on this forum are Jap bikes built extremely inexpensively. You're a bit off on your Vincent, Panhead comment.

We must be the easiest place on the Internet to set up a trolling operation. Like Ernie calling "Here, fish!"

Rich Ard said:
We must be the easiest place on the Internet to set up a trolling operation. Like Ernie calling "Here, fish!"

Attachments

• 3qex1d.jpg
    3qex1d.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 690
RickSlambone said:
You kind of remind me of the people that tell others that if they believe they'll be rich, it'll be so... Easy as that!

Most people don't get free bikes dropped off at their door, that only require an oil change and few jimmy rigs to turn into a reliable motorcycle.

Also, that's not a cafe race. And by your definition of a cafe racer, you could call every bobber and chopper a cafe racer by your definition. I would say a proper definition for a cafe racer would be a bike that has the style of 60-70's race bike but is mechanically and/or cosmetically tamed down for the street.

Good for you tho on your economical builds, seriously props to you. Just don't go around telling people you "built" a cafe racer for 10 bucks...

Attachments

• angry-old-man.jpg
    angry-old-man.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 753
getindachoppa said:
IF YOU CANT EXCEPT THAT FOR SOME REASON THAN TAKE A HIKE ALREADY!

You, your I GOTTA FUCKING TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPS TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE SEE MY SHIT CAUSE IM A GIFT TO THE MOTORCYCLE BUILDER COMMUNITY attitude, and shit advice should take a hike.

Don't fuckin show up to our party, not introduce yourself in any way and take a huge dump all over this forum. Get lost, we won't miss you or what you offer one bit.

JohnGoFast said:
You, your I GOTTA FUCKING TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPS TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE SEE MY SHIT CAUSE IM A GIFT TO THE MOTORCYCLE BUILDER COMMUNITY attitude, and shit advice should take a hike.

Don't fuckin show up to our party, not introduce yourself in any way and take a huge dump all over this forum. Get lost, we won't miss you or what you offer one bit.

FOUND A PIC OF U.. LOL

Attachments

• crying-girl.jpg
    crying-girl.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 607
getindachoppa said:
Yes people can build an extremely affordable bike for little more than a cheap bottle of scotch would cost. Im here to inspire people so take your negative attitude and your happy ass somewhere else.... ANYBODY GOT A QUESTION FOR ME?

What the hell kind of scotch can you get for $10?!? Now I am interested.

Brodie said:
What the hell kind of scotch can you get for $10?!? Now I am interested.

You dont wanna know but if you most know... JR Dial, Usher, Highland Mist, and Military Special just to name a few....

If you're drunk enough to believe these are real breasts...Highland Mist

Her expression says she's been tasting the spirit of Misty, possibly a bottle or two before the shoot ;D

Choppa, well done on the bike. Nice looking lil fighter you have. If you want to show off your build, great! If you want to show that you built a bike for $10, good on ya. Why not show HOW you built the bike? More pics, show us some of your fabrication abilities, what did you make? did you scrounge for scrap metal to save money?
The reason everyone is giving you a hard time is, it really appears that you lucked out on a pile of free bike parts(not everyone can do that), shoveled it into your garage then reassembled it and changed the oil and called it a cafe racer build.
Nobody is going to ask you questions or advice if you have no proof that you can do anything. Most people here can assemble a pile of parts into something ride-able. Personally, I'd like to see your build. I enjoy and take inspiration from people applying their skills to build parts from scratch. Let's see it!
Coming in as a new member to a forum, posting a pic or two, picking fights and making outrageous claims is no way to make friends. This is a place where friends - whether we've met in person or not - get together and talk bikes, reminisce about old times, show off our skills and ask for help when it's needed. Put your (lack of) money where your mouth is. I want to see how this street fighter was born.

And where's the stop light on that one you sold? how do you sneak a bike past inspection and get it registered for street use with no stop light?

Cookie said:
Her expression says she's been tasting the spirit of Misty, possibly a bottle or two before the shoot ;D

Choppa, well done on the bike. Nice looking lil fighter you have. If you want to show off your build, great! If you want to show that you built a bike for $10, good on ya. Why not show HOW you built the bike? More pics, show us some of your fabrication abilities, what did you make? did you scrounge for scrap metal to save money?
The reason everyone is giving you a hard time is, it really appears that you lucked out on a pile of free bike parts(not everyone can do that), shoveled it into your garage then reassembled it and changed the oil and called it a cafe racer build.
Nobody is going to ask you questions or advice if you have no proof that you can do anything. Most people here can assemble a pile of parts into something ride-able. Personally, I'd like to see your build. I enjoy and take inspiration from people applying their skills to build parts from scratch. Let's see it!
Coming in as a new member to a forum, posting a pic or two, picking fights and making outrageous claims is no way to make friends. This is a place where friends - whether we've met in person or not - get together and talk bikes, reminisce about old times, show off our skills and ask for help when it's needed. Put your (lack of) money where your mouth is. I want to see how this street fighter was born.

And where's the stop light on that one you sold? how do you sneak a bike past inspection and get it registered for street use with no stop light?

Well the build was basically an experiment of mine to build a bike with the money in my wallet which was only $10 dollar bill. The change I found on the floor or in my couch I dont remember. I did this bike build a long time ago so Ill try and recall what I did to the best of my ability. I only had enough money for one oil filter and one quart of oil. There was still good gas in the tank but it was leaking out luckily it was just a petcock that needed cleaning. I drained the gas and kept it. The bike was badly banged up from a jack ass stunt rider so it was in a VERY poor state. The fairings were all busted up and most of the bike was taken apart but it was all there. All the lights on the bike were broken and were shit canned. The fairing were about $1000.00 new I think when I looked them up so that was out of the question.. those were shit canned. I assembled the bike with what parts I had from the previous owner and than proceeded to make the bike run again. The engine was in pretty bad shape but it had low miles and I believed it could run again. The side of the motor was busted open from the previous owners stunt accident and needed a new stator. Luckily my neighbor had a bunch of spare parts and gave me a new stator and stator cover. The pistons were frozen and I used the only things i had available to me which was transmission fluid and 2 stoke oil to free the pistons. The battery just needed to be recharged. Bike wouldnt spark luckily it was just water in the electronics. Blew it out with electronic cleaner. Stuck a new filter on it and filled it with one quart of bike oil and filled the rest with what ever new oil I had laying around. Spark bang chug chug chug splat! Engine good now needs carb work. Cleaned carb and now will idle but still runs like crappola. I than made it road worthy. Tires still good needed lights and seat. Seat was garbage and so were the lights. Had an LED laying around for the taillight cut and welded the back of the frame. Cut down and rewrapped the seat and stuck the license plate to the back of the frame. Fabricated an electronics box out of an old stop sign and stuck it under the seat where it worked as the fender too. Fixed the wiring harness and did the required soldering. Cut and welded a headlight up out of an old fence post and used a yamaha headlight. Bike ran like shit down the road. Had a two into one exhaust and was banged up bad with holes everywhere from previous retard. Luckily still had stock exhaust put it on ran a little better but still kind of poopy. Had K & N pod filters but wasnt jetted right. Previous owner just threw in a generic jet kit thinking it would work better. WRONG! Put air box back on and put stock jetting back in. Bike now ran like a raped ape! I painted and cleaned up the bike than gave it to my brother as a gift to him. My brother registered the bike with no problems. Only cost him $10 bucks to do it. Later I rode the bike for about a year because I had no other transportation to college at the time. I also got an A in my Motorcycle Tech school and graduated with honors for this bike build. I used to pick up my wife at work everyday for a year with the bike and also took a trip on the bike to the Barber Vintage Bike Fest were it was a huge hit with all the poor guys like me! HA HA HA Than I gave it back to my brother and he is still riding it to this day everyday to his job. ALL FOR WHAT I SAID PREVIOUSLY A MILLION TIMES $10.38 CENTS...... THE END! LOL

Back
Top Bottom