Well, here it is:

ErC1Wk7.jpg

GRfkmRE.jpg

uJKOXqa.jpg

sYVRGCA.jpg

HDHGhrc.jpg

7IRbqKk.jpg

I'm truly stoked to have this done! It turned out better than expected even! :D

There are many subtle differences between the kz1000 body work and the z1 pieces. More than I realized!! There were a number of mods to make in order to get the tail and side covers to fit on the kz frame. Some of the issues were due to the modified frame and the other performance up-grades done a number of years ago. :p

As well, I decided to go back to an original z1 headlight and shell. It just looks better. :D

What do you think? :)

looks awesome, I went from page 1 straight to the end and WOW. spectacular. why can't Kawasaki make anything that looks that good?

stroker crazy said:
It looks the goods!
(and it hardly took any time at all)

Crazy

Ha, thanks! The hard part was moving some of the mounting points for the side covers. I needed my welder/fabricator buddy for that! He found some time last week and whipped it together.

The other nerve wracking thing was having to trim the tail and side covers when they're already a finished item. No room for errors there!! :eek: To my great relief, we managed to get it done without screwing up too terribly. :p :D

spotty said:
looks awesome, I went from page 1 straight to the end and WOW. spectacular. why can't Kawasaki make anything that looks that good?

Haha! Thanks loads! I'm really happy with how it all finally turned out. :D

If you go back in time, it went through several changes and was influenced by a couple of different styles. Originally, I was building a superbike replica, patterned after the 70's/80's race bikes. However, I ran outta steam and parked it for many years.

When it was re-born, it had a streetfighter influence with twin projector beam headlights and MX style bars.

After a minor accident, I chucked the projector beams and MX bars to go with a little more conventional look. Now, I've gone full circle, back to a retro 70's/80's superbike style paint and lights.

As I said, I'm totally pleased with it now and feel like it's finally DONE! 8)

If anyone's going to be at Barber in October, I should have this Kawi down there! :D Can't wait!

Back on the road again. :)

New battery and grips to finish it off. 8)

mqE6UxF.jpg

wt8x7dK.jpg

azLiQBd.jpg

zv6OZSL.jpg

Gonna put some miles (kilometres?) on it and then drag it down to Barber in October. :D

Wow, what a change since I saw her on the road some years back.
Looks great Drew!
I'll have to try to get out to your nick of the woods sometime.

Back
Top Bottom