55 mm rings

TheCoffeeGuy

Books, Books, Books, knowledge is within
I am in deep need of a set of rings for an old Aermacchi Harley Davidson ML125. i need rings for a piston 55 mm in diameter. does anybody know of any pistons 55 mm in diameter. Really i will buy anything in that size range. This will never be a street bike. It is show only. I just need it to run.

As well are there companies who make rings?

Attachments

• 68 ML 125 B.JPG
    68 ML 125 B.JPG
    438.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_8297.JPG
    IMG_8297.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_8296.JPG
    IMG_8296.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 185
If you know the part number, it shouldn't be too hard to find what you want on Ebay.

there are so many

lifan 140 cc
honda cb400r cb400f
kawasaki 400 zephyr zr400c 89-95
honda cr125

yer gonna need to know the hight of the ring as well the very most common bore and stroke for 2 stroke 125's is 54x54 so 1mm oversize rings

Thanx so far to all. I know the source of all rings for this bike registerd on line. There are no originals left. None on EBay, none in China, and noe in Europe. I do not want at this point to go .2 or .4 or .6 over. would really like a set of rings for this piston.

I will get the height. and post it tommorrow. i can even deal with thicker and have them precision ground to thickness. I ahve a connexion in the precision grinding industry.

I will check on the suggestions for sub tomorrow too.! thanx so much,

yeah you are looking for 1.5mm
next question are they just a simple rectangular cross section ?
what do the look like at the ends ? what type of relief for the pin ?

they are completely rectangular. small tab for the pin but I can grind that in if i need to.

thanx again for the help.

one other question, are there companies who make rings?

Mark

srsly though, aren't you connected to the internet ? put 55mm piston in ebay loook at what comes up, start messaging sellers ask them thickness, this is simple stuff
and there are 2 types of pin notches

xb.

I must be having a brain fart day. Yeah there are lots of them on e bay and i will get some there. Thanx for your help and putting me back on the traight and narrow.

I owe you one. of something....?

Mark
www.thecoffeeguy.ca

TheCoffeeGuy said:
xb.

I must be having a brain fart day. Yeah there are lots of them on e bay and i will get some there. Thanx for your help and putting me back on the traight and narrow.

I owe you one. of something....?

Mark
www.thecoffeeguy.ca

glad t help when you get that thing running post a lil video ;)

Back
Top Bottom